• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris Bomber

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Glenn_Wilson said:
Maxiton said:
Watching right now on the BBC. I'm surprised they took him alive. Pretty interesting.
This wont even make it to trial. He will be released as a innocent bystander.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes: It does appear, though, that he will have little if any useful info. A low-level driver, at best. One, moreover, who has IS pissed at him for some reason.

Re: Re:

Maxiton said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
Maxiton said:
Watching right now on the BBC. I'm surprised they took him alive. Pretty interesting.
This wont even make it to trial. He will be released as a innocent bystander.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes: It does appear, though, that he will have little if any useful info. A low-level driver, at best. One, moreover, who has IS pissed at him for some reason.
The reason might be that he was supposed to blow himself to smithereens and chickened out big time. Many virgins were allocated and now have to be recycled and this does not sit well with the ISIS bigwigs.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Jagartrott said:
This guy was running from both intelligence agencies and IS - I doubt he has much useful (recent!) information. But I guess the public can now feel safe again. "We got him" - so all's well that ends well.

So just let him go? I seriously doubt anyone thinks the threat is over. This jackass? Bury him.

I don't think he said just let him go. Hang on, let me check.

Nope. Nope, he didn't say that. He said the guy's probably not worth much.

Try him, convict him, sentence him. Simple.

Maxiton said:
red_flanders said:
Jagartrott said:
This guy was running from both intelligence agencies and IS - I doubt he has much useful (recent!) information. But I guess the public can now feel safe again. "We got him" - so all's well that ends well.

So just let him go? I seriously doubt anyone thinks the threat is over. This jackass? Bury him.

No, what he said was the public will foolishly think the threat is over now that this guy is caught, and implied that "we got him" is pointless. Which is dumb. What other than "we got him" are the police supposed to do? Why would the public think the threat is over?

I'm glad they got him. Good job by the Belgian police. Their perseverance and bravery should be celebrated, not scoffed or snarked at.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Maxiton said:
red_flanders said:
Jagartrott said:

No, what he said was the public will foolishly think the threat is over now that this guy is caught, and implied that "we got him" is pointless. Which is dumb. What other than "we got him" are the police supposed to do? Why would the public think the threat is over?

I'm glad they got him. Good job by the Belgian police. Their perseverance and bravery should be celebrated, not scoffed or snarked at.

Yeah, I definitely agree they did a good job. No question about it. Still, some politicians seem to be overselling it, calling it "a major blow" against terrorism on the continent . . . . As good as it was, I'm not sure it's all that.

Maxiton said:
red_flanders said:
Maxiton said:
red_flanders said:
Jagartrott said:

Yeah, I definitely agree they did a good job. No question about it. Still, some politicians seem to be overselling it, calling it "a major blow" against terrorism on the continent . . . . As good as it was, I'm not sure it's all that.
Hollande would like us to believe that he apprehended Abdeslam by himself. Now we will be subject to yet another wave of political opportunism. They are still trying to sell us the "we are at war" story, so that they will look like real leaders when in fact they are only interested in communication and trying to win the next elections.

red_flanders said:
Maxiton said:

I was taking aim at politicians trying to score some cheap points.
Especially since the guy probably stayed in Brussels all this time. A lot of neighbours knew he was there. And still the police could not find that out. They actually stumbled across him a few days ago when checking out a safehouse deemed empty.

Maxiton said:
red_flanders said:
Maxiton said:
red_flanders said:
Jagartrott said:

Yeah, I don't hear that in the US. Definitely not a major blow, more like good cleanup.

TRENDING THREADS