• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice 10 March - 17 March 2019 77th edition

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

DNP-Old said:
Colombia_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Yep. Total domination today.

Re: Re:

*** the quick said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
*** the quick said:
Does Kwiatkovsky even want to be a GC rider? I mean, why would they even favor him over Bernal, who could use these small GC races to boost confidence, gain experience in defending a lead etc... or would they just throw Kwiatkovski a bone and assume Bernal's time will come anyway?

Stage races GC-wise, Bernal has won Amgen (WT) 2018, Sibiu (2.1, Romania) 2017 and Colombia (2.1) 2018 (+ stage wins). And Avenir 2017, of course.

Kwiato has won Tirreno (WT) 2018, Poland (WT) 2018, Algarve (2.1) 2018 and 2014 (+ stage wins).

Can't really see the difference between these two considered as GC riders, especially as far as one-week races are concerned.

Obviously, Bernal will most likely develop (very) shortly into a rider capable of winning any GT - while Kwiato most likely will not. But in one-week races, I can easily see both of them winning GC.
"Throwing a bone" (to Kwiatkowski) vs. "boosting confidence and gaining experience in defending a lead" (for Bernal) does not sound fair enough.

If I were Sky, I would see no reason to favour Bernal over Kwiatkowski, or to favour Kwiatkowski over Bernal.
If you don't see the difference between these two considered as GC riders, then i advise you to get your eyes checked :D

Bernal went to the TDF as a domestique and he finished 15th.
Kwiatkowski went to the Vuelta as leader and he finished 43rd.

Anyway, i'm not saying Kwitakowski should necessarilly ride for Bernal. I'm just saying Bernal shouldn't ride for Kwiatkowski.

Well, I get my eyes checked and I still see both of them as GC guys in one-week stage races (which the Paris-Nice is and which is being discussed in this thread). Regarding Grand Tours - which the Paris-Nice is not - I made it clear that Bernal already is (and most likely always will be) definitely better GC candidate.

If Bernal is a designated GC guy, Kwiatkowski should ride for him. If Kwiatkowski is given with a GC contender role, Bernal should ride for him. That's very simple rule IMO.

Found your glasses yet? :D

Zinoviev Letter said:
DNP-Old said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Nairo sitting on Bernal’s wheel the whole way up and then sprinting past him for 12th or something. Lol.
He was taking turns with him. What race are some of y'all watching? :confused:

When was he taking turns with him? When he was sitting on Sky wheels with Sosa in front? Or when he was sitting on Egan’s wheel for the last km?
Sosa pulled off, Bernal took the lead, then Nairo took a pull, then Bernal took a pull, then Nairo pulled to the line.

DNP-Old said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Nairo sitting on Bernal’s wheel the whole way up and then sprinting past him for 12th or something. Lol.
He was taking turns with him. What race are some of y'all watching? :confused:

When was he taking turns with him? When he was sitting on Sky wheels with Sosa in front? Or when he was sitting on Egan’s wheel for the last km?
When they were together at the front.

*** the quick said:
*** the quick said:
Does Kwiatkovsky even want to be a GC rider? I mean, why would they even favor him over Bernal, who could use these small GC races to boost confidence, gain experience in defending a lead etc... or would they just throw Kwiatkovski a bone and assume Bernal's time will come anyway?

Stage races GC-wise, Bernal has won Amgen (WT) 2018, Sibiu (2.1, Romania) 2017 and Colombia (2.1) 2018 (+ stage wins). And Avenir 2017, of course.

Kwiato has won Tirreno (WT) 2018, Poland (WT) 2018, Algarve (2.1) 2018 and 2014 (+ stage wins).

Can't really see the difference between these two considered as GC riders, especially as far as one-week races are concerned.

Obviously, Bernal will most likely develop (very) shortly into a rider capable of winning any GT - while Kwiato most likely will not. But in one-week races, I can easily see both of them winning GC.
"Throwing a bone" (to Kwiatkowski) vs. "boosting confidence and gaining experience in defending a lead" (for Bernal) does not sound fair enough.

If I were Sky, I would see no reason to favour Bernal over Kwiatkowski, or to favour Kwiatkowski over Bernal.
If you don't see the difference between these two considered as GC riders, then i advise you to get your eyes checked :D

Bernal went to the TDF as a domestique and he finished 15th.
Kwiatkowski went to the Vuelta as leader and he finished 43rd.

Anyway, i'm not saying Kwitakowski should necessarilly ride for Bernal. I'm just saying Bernal shouldn't ride for Kwiatkowski.

Well, I get my eyes checked and I still see both of them as GC guys in one-week stage races (which the Paris-Nice is and which is being discussed in this thread). Regarding Grand Tours - which the Paris-Nice is not - I made it clear that Bernal already is (and most likely always will be) definitely better GC candidate.

If Bernal is a designated GC guy, Kwiatkowski should ride for him. If Kwiatkowski is given with a GC contender role, Bernal should ride for him. That's very simple rule IMO.

Found your glasses yet? :D

I don't wear glasses and I don't have to. Bernal didn't ride for Kwiatkowski, and Kwiatkowski didn't ride for Bernal, as none of them has been a clear and sole Sky's GC rider until the very end of Turini climb. Now Bernal was clearly better when it came to a real MTF finish, he's the race leader now and Kwiatkowski should work for him tomorrow as much as possible. That's very logic. Logic is my friend. Is it yours?

TRENDING THREADS