• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Nice 2017

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Route announced.

Stage 1 - Bois-d'Arcy / Bois-d'Arcy 148.5 km
Stage 2 - Rochefort-en-Yvelines / Amilly 192.5 km
Stage 3 - Chablis / Chalon-sur-Saône 190 km
Stage 4 - Beaujeu / Mont Brouilly 14.5 km
Stage 5 - Quincié-en-Beaujolais / Bourg-de-Péage 199.5 km
Stage 6 - Aubagne / Fayence 192 km
Stage 7 -Nice / Col de la Couillole 177 km
Stage 8 - Nice / Nice 115.5 km

PROFIL.png

C1PaEsvWgAEaiQ1.jpg

C1Paf7bXUAAewIw.jpg

https://twitter.com/ParisNice

http://www.letour.fr/paris-nice/2017/fr/parcours-general.html

Brullnux said:
rune1107 said:
Stage 6 looks interesting. Anyone know who will do P-N this year?
It looks interesting until you see the average gradients. 8.2km @ 5.9% is gonna have some trouble actually creating a selection. Same with 5km at 6%. And why is 1.7km at 4.3% even categorised?

Don't know the climbs very well, but you could hope for some steep ramps on the penultimate climbs. But yeah you're right. It doesn't bode well with the gradients..

Re:

yaco said:
Seems to be a balanced route - Should suit Contador if he is in shape - Though he may try to work into shape in 2017.
Its not overly balanced, no.

That said, it seems like a very nice route. I like the Fayence stage - isn't it pretty similar to the one Betancur won in 2014? Lets hope he will be motivated.

The big danger obviously is snow on the MTF. I can already feel the anger when the organisation for pussyass riders will have that stage cancelled.....

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
yaco said:
Seems to be a balanced route - Should suit Contador if he is in shape - Though he may try to work into shape in 2017.
Its not overly balanced, no.

That said, it seems like a very nice route. I like the Fayence stage - isn't it pretty similar to the one Betancur won in 2014? Lets hope he will be motivated.

The big danger obviously is snow on the MTF. I can already feel the anger when the organisation for pussyass riders will have that stage cancelled.....
I have that feeling too... i won't stand thomas winning again because the organisation cancelled a stage

The Nice stage is better again compared to last year, with now less flat between Peille and Eze, but I'm afraid the race will be locked after the hard MTF (if not cancelled).

Would have preferred the ITT to be flat(tish) with such a MTF but the route looks pretty good anyway.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
With this kind of route Quintana could actually try to win Paris - Nice, another big one week stage race on his palmares.
Its definitely a possibility and it just got a whole lot more viable, but he seems to prefer T-A which is understandable in a Giro-year (Bennati said that they most likely would go with Quintana). Also, Contador and Porte will be at Paris-Nice (which I consider the best 1 week racers with Quintana), so the competition won't be as stiff.

I like the route and praise the race organizers for giving Mont Brouilly another shot. That being said, it could end up cancelled like it was last year. And with that in mind, the Col de la Couillole at close to 1700m, the second week in March, that's a bit too much of a gamble IMO.