• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice 2021, March 7 - March 14

ESHmys3WsAcPctc

lin4MIKT

Second WT stage race after the UAE Tour. First race in the season for Roglic! Starts off with some flat/hilly stages, then a 15km mostly flat ITT, then it's mostly all mountain stages.

Notable GC mentions: Roglic, Vlasov, Porte, Tao Geoghegan Hart, Schachmann, George Bennet, Jai Hindley, Gaudu, Poels
Notable sprinters: Demare, Sam Bennet, Ackermann, Matthews, Nizzolo, Biuhanni, Kristoff

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/paris-nice/2021/gc/overview
https://www.paris-nice.fr/en/

I0EYfWg.png

Az4OC9r.png

Live video stream available on Eurosport.

zkii3Ow.png

Full startlist: https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/paris-nice/2021/gc/startlist

Last edited:
Climbs
Edited with the route changes.

Stage 4
Col de la Croix de Montmain (final 3.6k only)
Col-de-la-Croix-Montmain.jpg

Mont Brouilly (2x)
BrouillyE.gif

Col de la Durbize (1st time) and Chiroubles (finish)
3mbR9A5.png

Stage 6
Côte des Tuillières
3109.gif

Côte de Cabris
collet-de-gasq-les-veyans.png

Col du Ferrier
1111.svg

Cipières
2634.gif

Côte de Gourdon (only the 4.9k from the junction to Cipières to Gourdon)
EcreE.gif

Finish
95a80

Stage 7
Col de la Sigale (only until the junction to Saint-Antonin at 5.9k)
SaintRaphaelS.gif

Côte de Saint-Antonin (first 8k only)
rourebel.png

Valdeblore La Colmiane
SaintMartinW.gif

Stage 8
Côte de Duranus and Côte de Levens
iKMInzj.png

Last edited:
Do you think Pogacar going to Tirreno-Adriatico bc UAE don't wan't him to face Roglic already now?
No, it's because Pogacar is riding Strade Bianche. Also, I think the "don't want to face another rider"-aspect is pretty overrated and if anything, Pogacar should be in better shape than Roglic at the moment, although Roglic usually starts his season off with a blast.

But who will beat Roglic? He will have a 30"-or-more advantage on most competitors after the TT.
I only see Porte who could limit losses on the TT.
Roglic favourite but Porte has been going very well in Tasmania before just arriving in Europe so I wouldn't count him out. This is Porte's chance to ride for GC before he resumes his super domestique duties. I'm also looking forward to the 2020 Giro protagonists TGH and Hindley showing us what is their early season form.

So refreshing to be talking about racing again after the gloom and uncertainty of the last 12 months :).

Reactions: Sandisfan
Let's just say... in terms of my cq points I'd love Schachmann and Powless to rock this and for my personal satisfaction it would be great if Godon showed why I made a thread for him.
More realistically we will see The Battle of the Bumblebees vs. the Empire with guerilla attacks of that age-discriminating team which has an unusually old roster this time. Or will Bahrain be victorious here? :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
2nd and 3rd on GC in the 2020 TdF and 1st and 2nd in the 2020 Giro is super weak? :confused_old:

And 1st of the 2019 and 2020 Vueltas. (Sure, he might already be listed, but still)

From the team Movistar is sending it appears Matteo Jorgenson is their leader for this race.

Yes, but why does he look so surprised/confused, though?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS