• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice, Stage 1 Saint-Germain-en-Laye -> Nemours 195 km, Monday 4th March

CARTE.jpg

PROFIL.png

parisnicestage1finalkms.jpg

rDnXI8L.png

GC placing of sprinters:
Viviani +5
Kristoff +6
Matthews +7
Boonen +7
Rojas +8
Petacchi +8
Renshaw +8
Kittel +9
Bouhanni +10

The bonus seconds on the line is 10-6-4.

Letour.fr said:
This first flat stage will start at the Avenue des Loges, opposite the château in Saint-Germain-en-Laye. When crossing Yvelines and Essonne, the peloton will come up against a variety of long exposed sections. If the wind makes its presence felt, teams featuring race favourites will have to take great care. After 150 kilometres on the road, the bunch will catch their first glimpse of Nemours, but will first have to tackle a 45-kilometre loop in the route, before arriving on the Avenue de Paris and fighting it out in a final sprint, as we can all imagine.

Parrulo said:
probably kittel :eek:

are there any chances of cross winds?
Updated the OP

Letour.fr said:
This first flat stage will start at the Avenue des Loges, opposite the ch&#226]When crossing Yvelines and Essonne, the peloton will come up against a variety of long exposed sections. If the wind makes its presence felt, teams featuring race favourites will have to take great care.[/B] After 150 kilometres on the road, the bunch will catch their first glimpse of Nemours, but will first have to tackle a 45-kilometre loop in the route, before arriving on the Avenue de Paris and fighting it out in a final sprint, as we can all imagine.

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Doubt there is going to be any echelons, looked at the weather and the wind isn't suppose to be any greater than 20km/h.

What's the method of determining the GC leader if times are tied (say for example Bouhanni wins and gets 10 secs tomorrow)? Is it still all your placings added together and the lowest leads? or is it determined by hundredths of seconds in the prologue?

Leadbelly said:
If that's the case is there anywhere to see these exact results with full times. Thanks in advance. :)
I have looked at letour.fr, but couldn't find anything. I think that if someone is +6 on the GC, then in reality he is 6.23 after (the 23 was just an example), so according to my theory, even if Nacer wins tomorrow, he won't get the leader's jersey. Or so I think.

Netserk said:
I have looked at letour.fr, but couldn't find anything. I think that if someone is +6 on the GC, then in reality he is 6.23 after (the 23 was just an example), so according to my theory, even if Nacer wins tomorrow, he won't get the leader's jersey. Or so I think.

Winner gets 10 seconds so he can get the jersey

Edit: Bouhanni was not 6 secs behind, my bad

The only reason I ask, I was just wondering if FDJ could ride for Soupe tomorrow - he's got a decent turn of speed on him and only 2 secs down (third would get him the yellow jersey probably), but I think I'm just being silly. With more sprint stages coming they'd be stupid not to ride for Bouhanni. So forget I asked anything (ty all the same for the answers).

TRENDING THREADS