• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice, Stage 1 Saint-Germain-en-Laye -> Nemours 195 km, Monday 4th March

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Parrulo said:
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

god damn it!!!!!!

this could ruin costa's spring :mad:
Depends on the seriousness of the fracture, of course. Either way it sucks, certainly for this race. One of the top favourites out on a nothing stage. ASO have outdone themselves again.

The interesting thing is, on the tv the only victim we saw was Erviti.

Really impressed by Bouhanni and FDJ. With 2k to go they were like 20 positions back and still managed to win. I expect to see some good result from them this season with Bouhanni and Demare.

shinoda13 said:
Really impressed by Bouhanni and FDJ. With 2k to go they were like 20 positions back and still managed to win. I expect to see some good result from them this season with Bouhanni and Demare.

Yeah, they got caught in the wrong side of the road when there was some obstacle in the middle of the road. They did a very good job to bring Bouhanni back to the front and he was very impressive as well even though he had to open his sprint from pretty far out.

skidmark said:
So, Howard from perfect positioning to 8th place. Will they give Matthews a shot next stage? I'd have to think he would have shown better than that.

To his credit he DID Tweet "No excuses today. Team done textbook leadout and I fumbled! #sorryguys" Mind you, repeats of today should see him demoted from WT races for the forseeable. Then again, Mr Matthew Harley Goss showed a similar proclivity to drop his bundle (and also crack the mopes) once things started to go against him.

Maybe a wee hint that contract renewal is no done deal might just concentrate their mental attitude somewhat better. Maybe OGE should look at giving more outings to the likes of Matthews and Kruopis instead of some individuals who feel that cos they're Aussies on an Aussie owned team, they don't need to prove their worth to keep their job.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Costa is also an interesting name for the ardennes. I doubt that if he will show up there his form wont be any good.

I believe the Ardennes are actually his main goal this year. Hopefully he is not injured too badly, and can get in form for them.

HiCadence said:
Stomach problems apparently for Rui Costa.

where did you get that from? he had a cold a few days ago but was clearly fine just by looking at his perform yesterday which must have been one of his best prologues ever.

he crashed heavily, had to get several stitches on his arm, has a lot of road rash and pain all over his body but other then that he is fine.

what now for him? will he stay home till pais vasco which was his next race or will he get sent to catalunya so he can get some racing k's on his legs before the ardennes.

i am mighty ****ed with this one, he lost a golden chance to win PN :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts