• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice, Stage 2 Vimory -> Cérilly 200 km, Tuesday 5th March

CARTE.jpg

PROFIL.png

PROFILKMS.jpg

Last ~400 meters at 5%

SAgJDTw.png

Hugo Koblet said:
Perfect for a Bouhanni repeat.

GreenEdge will probably go with Matthews here. I think it suits Howard as well, though, but he was not good today.
Look closer ;)
I've tried to map it, but it's not easy to estimate exactly where the finishing line is. I'd guess the finishing straight is ~400 meters at 5%

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
Look closer ;)
I've tried to map it, but it's not easy to estimate exactly where the finishing line is. I'd guess the finishing straight is ~400 meters at 5%

Both Bouhanni and Matthews are quite good on hilly stuff, they should be able to quite well here anyway.

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
What do you think guys is this steep enough to Meersman? If his form is there, which I don't have any idea... Stage 1 wasn't so promising.

Can't really see past Bouhanni again for stage 2. I hope he gets it.

Kittel not in the running for this I expect. If not a Bouhanni win then I'd like to see Rojas make up for the team sadness over Rui Costa today. The silver lining to today's cloud though is as everyone says - all go for Quintana on GC now.

SafeBet said:
I didn't think he was in good shape before watching today's sprint. But I have to reconsider that. He looked great. He might have a chance tomorrow if he doesn't mess it up.

Viviani surely would have waltzed it today if he could have chosen a line.

He looks in cracking form. Do you think he can handle the gradient ok?

TRENDING THREADS