• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice, Stage 2 Vimory -> Cérilly 200 km, Tuesday 5th March

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I''ll go with Renshaw to get a change of luck - probably would've won Stage 1 if the gap hadn't closed in the last 100m (although he wasn't very aggressive in trying to go through it).

Having said that, I could just as easily say Viviani would've won Stage 1 with slightly better postioning ... or Kittel would've won Stage 1 if he'd made the front split ...

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
It is going to be won by a sprinter, I do not care which sprinter wins it.

EDIT. THIS COMMENT IS NOT MEANT TO BE SEEN AS NEGATIVE TOWARDS THE STAGE, SPRINTERS OR SPRINTING IN GENERAL. ALL IT WAS MEANT TO CONVEY WAS THAT I WAS NOT SUPPORTING ANY PARTICULAR SPRINTER IN THIS STAGE.

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I checked GreenEdge Twits and it seems they will go for Howard one more time... Also Mathews twited something about helping Howard in this second stage.

The Barb said:
I''ll go with Renshaw to get a change of luck - probably would've won Stage 1 if the gap hadn't closed in the last 100m (although he wasn't very aggressive in trying to go through it).

Having said that, I could just as easily say Viviani would've won Stage 1 with slightly better postioning ... or Kittel would've won Stage 1 if he'd made the front split ...
With Renshaw it's always "if he'd done this or done that". He's just not good enough, 5th is his default result in a bunch sprint.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The Barb said:
Super post. I think I'll now find a football message board and let everyone know that the Man United v Real Madrid game will be won by the more talented team and I don't care which one it is.

I think a more correct way to capture what Mad Elephant Man mean would be " I'll now find a football message board and let everyone know that I dont care who will win in the Man United v Real Madrid since it will be so freaking boring"

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
The Barb said:
Super post. I think I'll now find a football message board and let everyone know that the Man United v Real Madrid game will be won by the more talented team and I don't care which one it is.

So you care who wins every stage of every cycling race ever raced?

Great to know.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Gilbert showed himself yesterday, meersman, chavanel wants the jersey etc.

This will be far from a walk for the sprinters, whoever you root for. Might get pretty interesting as a finish, a lot of people will mix it up here.

Roude Leiw said:
Gilbert showed himself yesterday, meersman, chavanel wants the jersey etc.

This will be far from a walk for the sprinters, whoever you root for. Might get pretty interesting as a finish, a lot of people will mix it up here.
There are a total of zero bends the last 4k, so the speed will be extreme, when they hit the uphill part. This will be amongst the sprinters no doubt.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Netserk said:
There are a total of zero bends the last 4k, so the speed will be extreme, when they hit the uphill part. This will be amongst the sprinters no doubt.

So Kittel wins.... He is the heaviest one, the inertia of the mass will rule

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Slightly off topic. If you subscribe to Eurosport I player do they show today's stage live or will it be just highlighted?
4km no bends a proper super fast sprint

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Bexon30 said:
Slightly off topic. If you subscribe to Eurosport I player do they show today's stage live or will it be just highlighted?
It was live yesterday, watched it on the bus on my way home from work!

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Bexon30 said:

I have a subscription and on todays schedule they announce live coverage for stage 2

TRENDING THREADS