• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice, Stage 2 Vimory -> Cérilly 200 km, Tuesday 5th March

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
maltiv said:
Jose Been on Twitter: "Alexander Kristoff (KAT) did take the start in today’s stage in Paris-Nice"

Maybe you read it as didn't? Or do you have another source?

on twitter someone said he DNS, that's why i wrote "apparently"

The official PN twitter page only mentioned Seeldrayers as DNS so Been must be right

Vacansoleil team director Hilaire Van der Schueren told http://www.letour.fr why Boeckmans had given up on the breakaway: "We were hoping for a ten-man break but there are only three of them. There's a lot of wind so we decided it was better for him to save strength for the finis as he is a good sprinter." In any case, the Vacansoleil team have won all the intermediate sprints held in this edition so far.
Did the weather gods hear our prayers?

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Did the weather gods hear our prayers?

It's a headwind, not a crosswind. Also the final loop apparently is through some woodlands so not much chance we get echelons. I expect a slow, simple sprintstage.

Lexman said:
from OPQS twitter :
"After winning the 1st intermediate sprint Boeckmans dropped from the breakaway. Smukulis and Christensen continue"

It seems Boeckmans read my previous post :D
they have to put an end to riders "reading and tweeting" during the race.. or at least while on breakaway or sprints.

TRENDING THREADS