• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice, Stage 4 Brioude -> Saint-Vallier 200 km, Thursday 7th March

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Any race which after 6 days has only managed to seperate the top 20 riders by 18 seconds, is a failure.

Can't all be uphill sprints were everyone loses a minute in 2km when his name isn't Joaquim Rodriguez.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
What happend to Quintana ?

I know he was bit overrated for winning this anyway, but 2 minutes lost is pretty bad for today so I guess he had a fall or something like that ?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
staubsauger said:
Just for the record. The Hitch is officially outed as Angelo Zomegnan now, isn't he?

Zomegnan..Zomegnan...:confused: ooh, the guy who refused to invite the italian champion to the Giro just because the biggest *** this sport have seen asked him to. Yeah, awesome man and admirable character.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
With Quintana out of the way it's going to be pretty clear it's Talansky vs Westra, Porte, v Garderen and maybe Klöden/Spilak/Scarponi.

All decent to good climbers with a good uphill ITT.
Chavanel a dark horse if he survives tomorrow

Don't discount Kiserlovski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
With Quintana out of the way it's going to be pretty clear it's Talansky vs Westra, Porte, v Garderen and maybe Klöden/Spilak/Scarponi.

Westra did a brilliant ITT on the Eze last year, Porte and Talansky in Romandie. I'd say those three are the biggest favorites. If Westra can limit the damage tomorow I think he'll be very hard to beat in the final ITT, he had a huge time gap there last year on everyone outside of Wiggins (who is obviously much better than anybody starting this year).

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:

I doubt Westra will be able to stay with the best on Montagne de Lure.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Velits is using some stealth. Today third in stage, third over all, still nobody mention him. I know he isn't amongst favourites, if you look at his recent results, but now he seems decent. And he's great TTer, don't know about MTT though. I'm rooting for him.

Also watch Peraud (any French is great here) and Roche. Even de Clerq dould surprise.

Don't get the fuss about Kiserlovski going on here for some time - how has he deserved it?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
staubsauger said:
I guess it's because Velits will most likely be dropped like a stone tommorow just like on Mount Baldy last year.

Westra looks very strong. He seems to be very focussed and peaked for Parijs - Nice as first main season highlight. he didn't hesitated when he was in problems today and yesterday and managed to chase back to the main group with aplomp. If he is able to repeat a performance like at Mende last year tommorow he should secure the title on the Col d' Eze.

Porte is much overated from my pov.

We should have Gorka Izaguirre on paper for tommorow shouldn't we? And Scarponi also looked to be in good shape.

Agree, Westra's looking very good so far I think. I would definitely consider him one of the top favorites, especially now with Quintana and Gesink out of the GC fight.
Still hoping a American takes it though. :eek:

TRENDING THREADS