• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris- Nice Stage 5: Pernes-les-Fontaines - Aix-en-Provence - 157 km

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
bianchigirl said:
Obviously Leipheimer has lost his bottle

baby_crying.jpg

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
Hoogie has been poor, actually vasc. on a whole... poor.

What a shame...:);)!

Who is commentating for eurosport with sean kelly at paris nice? He is shocking! It is voigt not VOGT! It is kreuziger not kreuzinger!

KazakhNeRider said:
Dima Fofonov in his comments to astanafans about stage 5: I haven't seen so crazy race as today for ten years of my career of profi!
try google-translation - http://astanafans.com/dima-fofonov-kratkie-kommentarii-k-5-etapw.html

It would be nice if Astana had brought one more climbing domestique. Having four guys immediately shelled out the back today hurt them. Grivko, Fofonov and Navarro did a good job, but tomorrow is a big day and I think it's going to a tall order for them to defend the jersey tomorrow.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Hey no, don't get me wrong, I wasn't knocking or question young Mr Sagan's efforts. I'm with you on this.

I'm not with you on Levi, however. I suspect he may well be over his peak and on the downward curve.
I reckon Tyler Farrar is the best the US has to offer.
For one thing, he rides all season and has already podiumed at Het Volk.
Just imagine Levi trying to go well, there.
I am not with you on Farrar, he rode 3 GTs, and was the most dominant rider with Gilbert in the last 1/3 of the season. Indeed, he was a top 10 rider in the peloton, and I thought he was more valuable than Wigans.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
what a great interview that's a man who loves his job a lot of cyclist now a days just complain example Levi "bottle" Leipheimer. I get paid to make people suffer what a great line. That's why you gotta love Jens Voigt

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
I speak German as well, but never mind, here is Jens himself pronouncing his name: link
As you can hear, the "i"-sound is left out.

You can hear a hint of the "i" coming out. The commentator pronounces too strongly on the "V". It's not great!