• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Paris-Nice: winner prediction poll ** VOTE NOW **

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win Paris-Nice?

  • Samuel Sanchez

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
  • Poll closed .
Feb 14, 2010
2,202
0
0
Visit site
dimspace said:
+109273827832132

betting on paris nice

Alberto Contador at 2.35 (27/20) with Sportingbet and Unibet
Alejandro Valverde at 5.30 (17/4) with Bet365
Luis León Sánchez at 9.00 (8/1) with Sportingbet and Unibet
Roman Kreuziger at 21.00 (20/1) with Bet365
Levi Leipheimer at 23.00 (22/1) with Bet365
Samuel Sanchez at 23.00 (22/1) with Bet365
Sylvain Chavanel at 26.00 (25/1) with Bet365
Frank Schleck at 26.00 (25/1) with Bet365
Joaquin Rodriguez at 34.00 (33/1) with Sportingbet and Bet365
Tiago Machado at 34.00 (33/1) with Sportingbet
Tony Martin at 41.00 (40/1) with Sportingbet
Jurgen Van Den Broeck at 51.00 (50/1) with Bet365
Damiano Cunego at 51.00 (50/1) with Bet365
David Moncoutié at 81.00 (80/1) with Bet365
Xavier Tondo Volpini at 101.00 (100/1) with Bet365
Jens Voigt at 151.00 (150/1) with Sportingbet

not many of those finished in the top 10 today.

I've looked at those betting sites before, but living in a place where I really can't bet on stuff like that, I don't know how to read the odds. On the two figures for Contador, what would be the minimum wager and the payout that goes with it? Thanks.
 
Jan 30, 2010
166
0
0
Visit site
I voted Leipheimer.

Should be nearing top form for the upcoming Tour of California, and just may have those extra legs against guys who are expecting to peak come July.

Having said that, realistically, i'm fully aware Contador should win.. just wanna be a bit different...
 
Sep 2, 2009
589
1
0
Visit site
Well..... yes I voted Contador and I know it's to easy. stage 4 has written Contador all over it.
Maybe the usual suspect (L. L. Sanchez, Leipheimer, Valverde, F. Schleck, Kreuziger, Sammy Sanchez J. Rodriguez) will be able to hang on, but not if Contador is riding well.

What about Danielson? this race should suit him well, but maybe we will never get to see him perform on that level again. What a waste of talent, too damn sad.
 
Aug 18, 2009
4,993
1
0
Visit site
Bike Boy said:
Well..... yes I voted Contador and I know it's to easy. stage 4 has written Contador all over it.
Maybe the usual suspect (L. L. Sanchez, Leipheimer, Valverde, F. Schleck, Kreuziger, Sammy Sanchez J. Rodriguez) will be able to hang on, but not if Contador is riding well.

What about Danielson? this race should suit him well, but maybe we will never get to see him perform on that level again. What a waste of talent, too damn sad.

Don't think either him or Vande Velde had a very good prologue.
 
theswordsman said:
I've looked at those betting sites before, but living in a place where I really can't bet on stuff like that, I don't know how to read the odds. On the two figures for Contador, what would be the minimum wager and the payout that goes with it? Thanks.

I can't read decimal odds when they're short (always confusing), but with fractional odds the numerator represents what you'd win for each time you'd laid the denominator. So, if you make a 50/1 bet for $1 you'd get $50 back if you win.

For the Contador bet four every $20 you lay you'd receive $27 if Contador wins (lay $40 to win $54 etc.) . Pretty damn short odds, far too low given that in cycling crashes and sickness/bad days are always possible, and those ruin your bet obv.

As for what a minimum wages would be that is entirely dependant on the website.
 
Feb 14, 2010
2,202
0
0
Visit site
Moondance said:
I can't read decimal odds when they're short (always confusing), but with fractional odds the numerator represents what you'd win for each time you'd laid the denominator. So, if you make a 50/1 bet for $1 you'd get $50 back if you win.

For the Contador bet four every $20 you lay you'd receive $27 if Contador wins (lay $40 to win $54 etc.) . Pretty damn short odds, far too low given that in cycling crashes and sickness/bad days are always possible, and those ruin your bet obv.

As for what a minimum wages would be that is entirely dependant on the website.

Thanks. The play 20 to win 27 made sense, but I wasn't sure that the bets had to be in increments of 20, or the minimum of 20. If a person only wanted to bet five or ten, they'd wait until the exact amount was specified? Or could they bet 10 to win 13.50 and the site just didn't want to use fractions?
 
theswordsman said:
Thanks. The play 20 to win 27 made sense, but I wasn't sure that the bets had to be in increments of 20, or the minimum of 20. If a person only wanted to bet five or ten, they'd wait until the exact amount was specified? Or could they bet 10 to win 13.50 and the site just didn't want to use fractions?
I've never bet on any sporting event, but the following is so logical it must be true.

The amount specified is simply in simplest form. 27/20 is mathematically equivalent to 13.5/10.

Whatever the minimum or increments requirements are, they are independent of the odds given of whatever you're betting on.

EDIT: (correction of 18 to 13 typo).
 
Mar 18, 2009
775
0
0
Visit site
I voted for Contador because barring accident or act of god, he'll win it, but if I was voting for who I'd like to see take the race, it would be 1)Jens Voigt, 2) Sylvain Chavanel, 3) Kreuzinger.
 
Jun 23, 2009
128
0
0
Visit site
franciep10 said:
going against contador is like betting against tyson in the 80's it's downright foolish

I think that Contador will take the lead at the end of the 4th stage because it's practically made for him. :)
 
Jul 26, 2009
364
0
0
Visit site
Publicus said:
True, but can Astana defend all the way to Nice is really the question.

yeah i voted for Berto......i think they can, it also depends on the time differences for the podium, i do think its going to be close in terms of time differences
 
Aug 18, 2009
4,993
1
0
Visit site
1. Contador
2. Samuel Sanchez
3. Leipheimer
4. Luis Leon Sanchez
5. Rodriguez
6. Valverde
7.Tondo
8. Kreuziger
9. Horner
10.Gerrans

[edit] Realise I didn't put Valverde in the top 5 either. I was just wondering in the above post.