• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris Roubaix

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
How come tweeterman Lance,Contador,Cadel,Shlecks,Farrar,Levi Cavendish, Wiggens etc. do not ride Roubaix,Leige,Amstel other classics.

Back in the day all the top contenders rode GTs and classics. Not the other ones like Nevada City and Leadville.

flicker said:
How come tweeterman Lance,Contador,Cadel,Shlecks,Farrar,Levi Cavendish, Wiggens etc. do not ride Roubaix,Leige,Amstel other classics.

Back in the day all the top contenders rode GTs and classics. Not the other ones like Nevada City and Leadville.
Do you watch cycling at all?

flicker said:

Andy won LBL this past year and the talk this offseason has been to get Frank a Classics win in 2010.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
if the schlecks can ride leige/amstel why can not other gt contenders like contador etc. I mean coppi did it lemond sort of MOSER MERCKX and of course kelly andthe badge . I guess those other guysguys are to wimpy or its messing up their blood bagging and epoing. Not to mention tweeterman on his second go round.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
maltiv said:
Do you watch cycling at all?
+1

Aside from the Schlecks, who rule the Ardennes, Cadel races Amstel and has finished in the top 10 at LBL, his Lanceness hasn't raced the classics since his return, (other than a completely lame ride at last year's MSR), but do you really not remember/know his long history of attempts at Amstel and LBL, and a year when Boogerd rode Lance's wheel to his only classics win?

And Contador says he wants to ride LBL, and will, some year.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Lance in the classics is that like 200 years BC. I would like to see him mix it up now with the top fuelers. About Frank I saw the interview yes but it was serious injury.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Cadel and Schleck ride the classics.

If this thread is called "Paris Roubaix" then why don't we talk about who is going to win PR.

my pick is it will finally be hincapie's year. i hope flecha isn't in the main fav's groups as he completely wrecked the race for what was looking to be a very exciting race.

flicker said:

Farrar might do well in roubaix, next year, I think. Would very much like to see contador in the ardennes classics, but it seems it's just not a priority to him.

flicker said:

To answer your question seriously:

- Lance doesn't race them anymore, but has raced most of them in the past.

- Contador focuses on dominating grand tours.

- Cadel does the hilly classics, and usually ends up in top 10.

- The Schleck brothers dominates the Ardennes classics

- Bradley Wiggins rode Roubaix this year, finished 25th

- Cavendish rides most of the spring classics that have potential to end up in a mass sprint.

So your question is just...wrong. If your question was "how come they don't focus more on the classics?" it would make a little more sense, though.

auscyclefan94 said:
i hope flecha isn't in the main fav's groups as he completely wrecked the race for what was looking to be a very exciting race.

Flecha crashed, that happens in paris roubaix, and you will often take one or two people with you. (Hoste wouldn't have won it anyway.) Hushovd crashed entirely of his own accord. Boonen crashed once or twice himself, I think. Flecha will most likely be in the final group once again next year, and I hope he wins it. Him or boasson hagen.

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Cadel and Schleck ride the classics.

If this thread is called "Paris Roubaix" then why don't we talk about who is going to win PR.

my pick is it will finally be hincapie's year. i hope flecha isn't in the main fav's groups as he completely wrecked the race for what was looking to be a very exciting race.

I hope BMC has a good showing. George or Ballan, It doesn't matter.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
Flecha crashed, that happens in paris roubaix, and you will often take one or two people with you. (Hoste wouldn't have won it anyway.) Hushovd crashed entirely of his own accord. Boonen crashed once or twice himself, I think. Flecha will most likely be in the final group once again next year, and I hope he wins it. Him or boasson hagen.

That's not the point, the race was about to hit its climax and then Flecha crashes and wrecks the race. Even if Hoste wasn't going to win, he still would of animated and shaped the race.

maltiv said:

- Cavendish rides most of the spring classics that have potential to end up in a mass sprint.

So your question is just...wrong. If your question was "how come they don't focus more on the classics?" it would make a little more sense, though.

spaceball.gif

Just plain scary

maltiv said:

Posted before but yikes!

A

Anonymous

Hushovd has had several months to boil over making his mistake on the Carrefour d'Labre. I'm thinking he and Haussler make a very good one-two punch.

Hushovd wins in a three-up sprint. No way does Boonen threepeat.

TRENDING THREADS