• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pat M interview

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
How about the slip at the end? Ha ha. McQuaid (@ 3:05): "On Sunday evening, I don't go to the Sky (corrects himself), the winner's party." Has Wiggins and Sky already won?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mcquaid-says-uci-surprised-by-usada-lifetime-bans

The farce only gets more farcical.

The first thing cycling needs to do is fire its entire governing body, the UCI. It's corrupt to the gills. That idiot McQuaid's reticence is proof. Cycling has no credibility and Armstrong had the UCI in his pocket for years.

It would at this point be good if USADA brings the whole house of cards down. Tear it down, for if it isn't first completely torn down it can't be rebuilt. If it can be rebuilt.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Too bad.
The interviewer misses some great opportunities.
"We can only work within the system, and within the system, Lance never tested positive, blabla."
Ah, didn't he?

But Pat's made some progress, now comparing Lance to Marion Jones. :D

May 26, 2010
Visit site
sniper said:
Too bad.
The interviewer misses some great opportunities.
"We can only work within the system, and within the system, Lance never tested positive, blabla."
Ah, didn't he?

But Pat's made some progress, now comparing Lance to Marion Jones. :D

"We can only work within the system....."

That system has not changed. All that Cookson has done is commission an investigation into the past?

He has not announced retesting past samples from the GTs.

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Someone (sniper?) in the Sky thread was looking for this video interview.

Sporza’s link no longer works but the video lives on. It's posted at USADA’s site as part of RD materials. Link here Sky part at 2:50

“Interviewer: Last question. How long do you stay on the Tour and when do you leave for the big London party?

PM: No, I go back to work to Geneva today because with the Olympic games coming up it’s very busy in the office at the moment. I come back up to the finish of the Tour and then on Sunday evening I don’t go to the Sky .. the winner’s party, I go straight to London because I’ve got to be there for Monday morning. “

Transcript of full video interview here (see pages 34-38)

On July 11, Pat McQuaid said Sky would win the Tour. That was 11 days before the finish. lol

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
northstar said:
Someone (sniper?) in the Sky thread was looking for this video interview.

Sporza’s link no longer works but the video lives on. It's posted at USADA’s site as part of RD materials. Link here Sky part at 2:50

“Interviewer: Last question. How long do you stay on the Tour and when do you leave for the big London party?

PM: No, I go back to work to Geneva today because with the Olympic games coming up it’s very busy in the office at the moment. I come back up to the finish of the Tour and then on Sunday evening I don’t go to the Sky .. the winner’s party, I go straight to London because I’ve got to be there for Monday morning. “

Transcript of full video interview here (see pages 34-38)

On July 11, Pat McQuaid said Sky would win the Tour. That was 11 days before the finish. lol
cheers northstar, appreciate it, good to have that on record.
pat, what a baffoon.
he's no doubt missing his candytrips.