• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pat McQuaid elected to IOC

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Pat McQuaid elected to International Olympic Committee (IOC) today

Good to have cycling represented or just another layer to the self regulated boys club?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Scumbags take care of their own.

As if the IOC was not corrupt enough. Maybe they brought in McQuaid to teach them a thing or two.

Considering the announcement of nearly 30-pre Olympic positives but no names or penalties...I think Rogge wanted a reassuring hand on cycling's franchise. They know how to protect the "Brand". Avery Brundage will emerge from the grave one day...and only the beer-soaked Curling competitors will be left alive.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
George Bernard Shaw: "Power does not corrupt man; fools, however, if they get into a position of power, corrupt power".

McQuaid is a fool and his election to the IOC just further confirms the IOC's reputation as a corrupt old boys club. I have no respect for either the man or the organization.

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
George Bernard Shaw: "Power does not corrupt man; fools, however, if they get into a position of power, corrupt power".

McQuaid is a fool and his election to the IOC just further confirms the IOC's reputation as a corrupt old boys club. I have no respect for either the man or the organization.

I just heard the last ten seconds of the RTE Radio 1 Sports News interview with him, my heart and my hopes sank, but don't take him for a fool. Just like Bertie, he can displays the most outrageously ignorant blissfulness, only to then find himself top of the pile, which is what seems to have happened here. Most every one thought he'd be gone after a few years but here he is. I think we might need the services of The Hitman and Her.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
But yeah get on the IOC and you are set for life. First class travel everywhere, best seats in the events, and if your country wins the Games, none of your countries athletes can be busted for PEDs, the A sample will be taken, but not the B.

Good job if you can get it.

TRENDING THREADS