• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pat McQuaid seeks nomination from CI for 3rd term

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
noddy69 said:
If he is elected all members and licence holders in cycling Ireland should resign their memberships or refuse to renew.I am waiting to renew and if he gets in I will not. I will hang my head in shame should he be our elected candidate. As should every member of cycling Ireland.

The Sky team will be upset to lose their number one fan McQuaid.

Hopefully Sky can keep their members on the board.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:
The Sky team will be upset to lose their number one fan McQuaid.

Hopefully Sky can keep their members on the board.

You may be right, you still keeping the pics you have for proof of wiggins working with ferrari in a box somewhere tight and safe :)

Honestly there will be alot hoping he goes but alot hoping he stays in too .

noddy69 said:
If he is elected all members and licence holders in cycling Ireland should resign their memberships or refuse to renew.I am waiting to renew and if he gets in I will not. I will hang my head in shame should he be our elected candidate. As should every member of cycling Ireland.

Judging by this already posted link, http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-...eks-election-nomination-from-cycling-ireland/ the UCI has very cleverly delayed some administrative meetings until well after the next Vrijman report so they have time to buy/crush anyone who threatens Pat and Hein's position.

It's a elaborate system designed to manifest as little change as possible. Clearly cycling Ireland would have to worry about economic repercussions of not nominating Pat.

Perhaps a more direct route to passing on nominating Pat is to post a list of CI members who would actually vote for the nomination?