• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paul Kimmage questioning Roman ?

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
With this tweet :

Paul Kimmage ‏@PaulKimmage 56m
Hey @nicholasroche would you mind asking Roman about this please? It would make a good column.
http://www.podiumcafe.com/2012/10/12/3493598/bertagnolli-speaks-in-english

Paul is asking WTF is going on ?

led to the following adding their opinion !

Tanja ‏@bambula 3h
@nicholasroche @Roman86_K @TeamSaxoTinkoff So happy for you all, Congrats!!! :)

BigTex GoingtoJail ‏@Digger_forum 46m
@nicholasroche hey Nicholas, what is it about these dopers you admire so much? First there was Bjarne, then Alberto, now Roman.

Andy H official ‏@drquirkey 38m
@nicholasroche @Roman86_K @TeamSaxoTinkoff maybe congratulating dopers isn't the best idea- but sure you probably don't care

skippy mc carthy ‏@skippydetour 3m
@nicholasroche @Roman86_K @TeamSaxoTinkoff @paulkimmage Like Paul , i am keen to know what is TRUE
http://www.tourdafarce.blogspot.com Enjoy the champs !

I am sure there is more to follow !

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't see what Kreuziger's past misdemeanours have to do with Roche. Kreuziger has to answer for that himself and it would be great if he was to. Kimmage has also hit out at Roche for riding with Contador. Again Roche bears no responsibility to Contador's positive and it's unfair for Kimmage to single him out always when discussing other riders links to doping. I also see Kimmage retweeting a message from Roche congratulating Kreuziger. What else is he supposed to do in this situation? And from Roche's own performance I see nothing suspicious in any of them and if anything his performances are worse off now since he moved from AG2R to Saxo.

Just to clarify my stance here once again so no understanding. I agree with Kimmage pointing out Kreuziger's links with Ferrari but not with the way he brought Roche in all this. What Kreuziger has to answer for is something that happened when he was at Liquigas and when Roche wasn't a teammate. Kimmage could easily of done this without mentioning Roche in any of this.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
I don't see what Kreuziger's past misdemeanours have to do with Roche. Kreuziger has to answer for that himself and it would be great if he was to. Kimmage has also hit out at Roche for riding with Contador. Again Roche bears no responsibility to Contador's positive and it's unfair for Kimmage to single him out always when discussing other riders links to doping. I also see Kimmage retweeting a message from Roche congratulating Kreuziger. What else is he supposed to do in this situation? And from Roche's own performance I see nothing suspicious in any of them and if anything his performances are worse off now since he moved from AG2R to Saxo.

Just to clarify my stance here once again so no understanding. I agree with Kimmage pointing out Kreuziger's links with Ferrari but not with the way he brought Roche in all this. What Kreuziger has to answer for is something that happened when he was at Liquigas and when Roche wasn't a teammate. Kimmage could easily of done this without mentioning Roche in any of this.

Kimmage asked Roche to ask Kreuziger about it. Roche writes a column in the Irish Independent. So Kimmage is asking Roche to either back clean cycling (Roche is a bike pure rider) by asking him to question Kreuziger about Ferarri.

Not hard.

Roche could've said nothing on twitter, not hard either.

Netserk said:
It's been rumoured for quite some time that Nibali was a Ferrari client.

i know it has. I even mentioned it in a discussion about nibali a few months ago.,

this article is more than rumours though.

There's little motive for Bertagnoli to be lying at this stage and certainly nothing to suggest that he is. When cyclists lie about doping it tends to be a lot more bull**** (see Lance). Here he is going deep into descriptions and its difficult to imagine hed just throw Nibalis name into an account like that purely to get some kick out of being controversial (and its not like he was getting mainstream coverage with it anyway).

May 12, 2010
Visit site
But he doesn't suggest that Nibali is a Ferrari client, he just sums up the big names on those teams (like Di Luca, who is a Santuccione client iirc).

The Hitch said:
i know it has. I even mentioned it in a discussion about nibali a few months ago.,

this article is more than rumours though.

There's little motive for Bertagnoli to be lying at this stage and certainly nothing to suggest that he is. When cyclists lie about doping it tends to be a lot more bull**** (see Lance). Here he is going deep into descriptions and its difficult to imagine hed just throw Nibalis name into an account like that purely to get some kick out of being controversial (and its not like he was getting mainstream coverage with it anyway).

Dont know if this was mentioned in that discussion

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pellizotti-and-nibali-deny-working-with-ferrari

Fanini says he saw them together.

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Kreuziger must expect being confronted with this. It is a fair question and I like having a Paul Kimmage willing to 'annoy' the winners with uncomfortable topics, facts and leads.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Frosty said:
Dont know if this was mentioned in that discussion

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pellizotti-and-nibali-deny-working-with-ferrari

Fanini says he saw them together.

Fanini was right before

It is not the first time Fanini has made allegations of a rider training with Michele Ferrari. In 2008, Fanini alleged that Leonardo Bertagnolli, who was riding for Liquigas at the time, had trained with Ferrari in Saint Moritz prior to his victory at the GP Città di Camaiore. Bertagnolli, who now rides for Italian pro continental team Amica Chips-Knauf denied any involvement with Ferrari.

Wouldn't be surprised if Nibali trains with Ferarri. Vino has used Ferarri.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Kimmage asked Roche to ask Kreuziger about it. Roche writes a column in the Irish Independent. So Kimmage is asking Roche to either back clean cycling (Roche is a bike pure rider) by asking him to question Kreuziger about Ferarri.

Not hard.

Roche is a teammate who rode with Kreuziger today. It was to be no surprise that he tweeted about it then. It's criticism for the sake of it. It's nitpicking on Kimmage's part.

I will repeat again. Why is Kimmage talking about dopers while referring to Roche all the time in the process?

He did it also on Irish TV saying he wanted to see a column by Roche in the Irish Independent about the whole Lance affair. And to be fair to Roche, he did and criticised the decision to hand down only 6 month suspensions to Vandevelde, Zabriskie, Hincapie, Barry and Danielson in a well written piece. Yet that doesn't seem to be good enough still for Kimmage. There are worse guys in the peloton who say nothing and Kimmage would be better fixating his eyes on them than to be always focusing on Roche who I say again, whose performances are of a lot less suspicious than others.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
Roche is a teammate who rode with Kreuziger today. It was to be no surprise that he tweeted about it then. It's criticism for the sake of it. It's nitpicking on Kimmage's part.

Roche writes congratulating a rider who allegedly worked with Ferarri, if you cant see the reason to ask him about it, then put the blinkers back on.

gooner said:
I will repeat again. Why is Kimmage talking about dopers while referring to Roche all the time in the process?

He is asking Roche to be proactive for a cleaner sport.

gooner said:
He did it also on Irish TV saying he wanted to see a column by Roche in the Irish Independent about the whole Lance affair. And to be fair to Roche, he did and criticised the decision to hand down only 6 month suspensions to Vandevelde, Zabriskie, Hincapie, Barry and Danielson in a well written piece. Yet that doesn't seem to be good enough still for Kimmage. There are worse guys in the peloton who say nothing and Kimmage would be better fixating his eyes on them than to be always focusing on Roche who I say again, whose performances are of a lot less suspicious than others.

Roche has more clout and influence due to his column than many riders. He should use that column to better his profession. Simple. But Roche wont now his Dad works for UCI.

TomasC said:
Race Radio ‏@TheRaceRadio
A Dr. Ferrari customer has won Amstel Gold the last 2 years in a row....he must be so proud.

gilbert fans (Like Harmonn who keeps telling us how clean Gilbert is) must be really proud of their clean champion.

Since they moved the finish, of the 10 winners, only him and Ivanov are not "dopers".

And his 2 times are the best of the lot.

What a truimph for clean cycling that guy is.

The Hitch said:
gilbert fans (Like Harmonn who keeps telling us how clean Gilbert is) must be really proud of their clean champion.

Since they moved the finish, of the 10 winners, only him and Ivanov are not "dopers".

And his 2 times are the best of the lot.

What a truimph for clean cycling that guy is.

Really liked that bleached hair too! Chlorine is a wonderful cosmetic!

gooner said:

Maybe he is just as surprised as I am to see how much Nicolas Roche has progressed in the pro hierarchy considering his lackluster beginnings in cycling when he was 18-19 years old.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

Not hard.

Little Nick is a big boy by now, daddy was a big fan of Mick, Frank and Gio at Carrera so I think he wont have any problems with the Tjech Rocket, I guess.
Maybe he is just as surprised as I am to see how much Nicolas Roche has progressed in the pro hierarchy considering his lackluster beginnings in cycling when he was 18-19 years old.
Touche monsieur.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Roche writes congratulating a rider who allegedly worked with Ferarri, if you cant see the reason to ask him about it, then put the blinkers back on.

I said Kreuziger has questions to answer on all this. Read my previous posts. I have no blinkers on. Kimmage is right to criticise this. My issue is bringing Roche's name into all of it. I bet Kimmage congratulated Roche himself when he won the Worlds in 87.

Roche has more clout and influence due to his column than many riders. He should use that column to better his profession. Simple. But Roche wont now his Dad works for UCI.

So why doesn't Kimmage say anything about Dan Martin and Phillip Deignan so? They have had plenty of columns in the past as well. And columns or not if any other rider has anything to say with regards to speaking out on doping, finding access to the media won't be too hard to find at all in this modern age. Roche is signed on by the Irish Independent to primarily provide a diary on each race he enters. And you still won't acknowledge the column he wrote about on the Lance affair. And he also wrote another one as well during the Vuelta last year.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1000620&postcount=79

gooner said:
I said Kreuziger has questions to answer on all this. Read my previous posts. I have no blinkers on. Kimmage is right to criticise this. My issue is bringing Roche's name into all of it. I bet Kimmage congratulated Roche himself when he won the Worlds in 87.

So why doesn't Kimmage say anything about Dan Martin and Phillip Deignan so? They have had plenty of columns in the past as well. And columns or not if any other rider has anything to say with regards to speaking out on doping, finding access to the media won't be too hard to find at all in this modern age. Roche is signed on by the Irish Independent to primarily provide a diary on each race he enters. And you still won't acknowledge the column he wrote about on the Lance affair. And he also wrote another one as well during the Vuelta last year.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1000620&postcount=79

Gooner open your eyes - of all the options Roche had for 2013 - he selected a team with Riis and Contador - both tainted by doping to various extents.

And surely you know Roche doesn't write that diary himself ......

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Basecase said:
Gooner open your eyes - of all the options Roche had for 2013 - he selected a team with Riis and Contador - both tainted by doping to various extents.

And surely you know Roche doesn't write that diary himself ......

And if he went to Garmin, he would still be called a hypocrite because it would of been said he went back on his criticism of the Garmin boys playing the victim card and of their getting only 6 month suspension. AG2R also had Houanard testing positive as well so if he stayed or left it was damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Tell me a team not connected to doping in some way shape or form. Not many if at all. Taylor Phinney is riding for Lelangue and Ochowicz, yet many around here(including myself) hold him up as shining light for the sport going forward.

gooner said:
And if he went to Garmin, he would still be called a hypocrite because it would of been said he went back on his criticism of the Garmin boys playing the victim card and of their getting only 6 month suspension. AG2R also had Houanard testing positive as well so if he stayed or left it was damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Tell me a team not connected to doping in some way shape or form. Not many if at all. Taylor Phinney is riding for Lelangue and Ochowicz, yet many around here(including myself) hold him up as shining light for the sport going forward.

but would Saxo not be the most tainted - of all the teams in all the world ....

TRENDING THREADS