• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pedro Horillo's comeback

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
now thats what i call class , rabo have given Pedro Horillo a contract for 2010 , after his spectacular crash at the giro Horillo is considering a comeback , Rabobank have stuck by him through his long hospitalization , and with only the possibility of him racing again at the highest level they have none the less offered him a new contract , even including him in the 2010 team photos

May 6, 2009
Visit site
They also stuck by Kai Reus when he had a nasty crash on the Col d'Iseran whilst training in the French Alps. Moral of the story is always wear a helmet when descending very fast down a Alpine Col. Reus then repayed their faith with a stage win at the Tour of Britian.

There is a very good report on Pedro in this months ProCycling, he does not talk of a comeback yet though, saying he still wants to get back to full health first before looking at it due to his change in musculature.

A

Anonymous

craig1985 said:
Mr ADAMS by Pedro Horrillo

I echo what epicycle said about Horrillo being intelligent, he is one of the few members of the peloton that has a university degree.

I have a uni degree, and some would say i'm not very intelligent... haha just joking i'm very intelligent..:p;)

Good on rabobank for sticking with him and giving him the motivation to comeback. I suspect knowing you have the option to race again is going to lead to a faster more structured rehab when compared to being unemployed

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
i know this died but i wanted to bring it back to mention Pedro is back on the bike , had all the bolts and staples removed from his knees , and has done 100km rides , will make a pro return decision possibly by december.........:)

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Amazing story. 60 m makes his fall seem more trivial somehow. Now if they said he fell off a 25 story building...that's a story! :eek: I'm really going to keep following this one.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
lagartija said:
i know this died but i wanted to bring it back to mention Pedro is back on the bike , had all the bolts and staples removed from his knees , and has done 100km rides , will make a pro return decision possibly by december.........:)

Thanks for the update, all the more as I'd missed this thread first time round.

That is superb news. I was gonna welcome the day we got news that he had climbed back on a bike to head to the shops (!) after I saw the pictures of the tumble he made.

That we are talking potential races again is awesome.

Kudos to Rabo for sticking with the guy. That's the second time they have done something similar, and I would be nice if that attitude gets its due rewards for team and rider, and Pedro can actually return to racing. Continental would be good, Pro would be grand.

TRENDING THREADS