• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pedro Horrillo

bikepure said:
hope he recovers well.
cycling is not dangerous, but there are accidents and crashes are frequent, but mostly not too serious.
Interesting to follow Barloworlds superstar Daryl Impey on his recovery after the terrible crash at the Tour of Turkey

http://twitpic.com/photos/darylimpey

Cycling not dangerous!!? Well I suppose if you're riding alone on a flat traficless rode at 10 mph, then I guess not.

But if you are riding at 60 kph on an insidious and treacherous descent in Abruzzo in the middle of a thunder and lightning storm with 50 kph winds during the end of a pre-amatuer worlds race to see who get's selectd for the Italian national team at the amatuer worlds in Austria in August like I precisely was yesterday afternoon....then it becomes really, really ****ing dangerous dude!!!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
rhubroma said:
Cycling not dangerous!!? Well I suppose if you're riding alone on a flat traficless rode at 10 mph, then I guess not.

A friend fell off his bike at <10 mph (he cannot remember how or why) and hit his head on the pavement. Permanent brain injury, changed personality, and stopped a high profile career. Cycling can be dangerous at any speeds, any conditions, and any traffic.

Rhubroma, hope you did well in your race. Regardless, sounds like you all did well just to finish.

elapid said:
A friend fell off his bike at <10 mph (he cannot remember how or why) and hit his head on the pavement. Permanent brain injury, changed personality, and stopped a high profile career. Cycling can be dangerous at any speeds, any conditions, and any traffic.

Rhubroma, hope you did well in your race. Regardless, sounds like you all did well just to finish.

Yeah, well, nothing spectacular: 20th. 150 at the start, 45 finished. Lead break of 8 finished 30 seconds up the road. When the last three bridged up to the front five, I was suffering with cramps. We closed to within 15 ****ing seconds with 5 k to go. But then we all died!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
bikepure said:
hope he recovers well.
cycling is not dangerous, but there are accidents and crashes are frequent, but mostly not too serious.
Interesting to follow Barloworlds superstar Daryl Impey on his recovery after the terrible crash at the Tour of Turkey

http://twitpic.com/photos/darylimpey

Not dangerous? Where you been ridin? stationary bike watching videos? If it ain't dangerous, why are we wearing skid lids? Road cycling and racing is extremely dangerous. Check out the serousness of injuries in football, boxing, basketball and whatever and compare. None will come close to the frequency and severity as that of cycling.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
As per CN: "Spain's Pedro Horrillo travelled back home from Bergamo, Italy, yesterday after 17 days of recovery due to a crash in stage eight of the Giro d'Italia. Doctors transferred him by air-ambulance to the university clinic of Pamplona."

Good news.

TRENDING THREADS