• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Percentage of ProTour riders clean 2011 season

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

How clean will the ProTour Peloton be for 2011 season?

• Less than 80% = too many cheats

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So a majority of the clinic think that more than 20% of the peloton are doping and presumably that will be top heavy so mostly top guys.

So how comes when those who claim most of the peloton is clean/ Australians wouldnt dope etc gang up on me, tell me its an undeducated opinion, ask why we even watch cycling etc etc , im on my own.

Come on guys, wheres the support?:p

or is it that you believe i can take care of myself? :)

Elverde said:
My background, I raced for 9 years as an amateur, 4 years as an indepenent and 6 years as a professional. Most of my racing was done in UK but I did spend fairly long periods in France and Belgium when I was an amateur. I saw lots of doping during the whole of my racing career (not as sophisticated as todays stuff, mainly amphetamines) and I am 100% against doping. The reason that I wrote was because it is my belief that discussing it here does not help, what we need is an organisation that chases dopers out of the sport, something like the UCI but with teeth and no corruption.
I would also say to Hugh Janus - How can someone who choses a name like that call me an idiot?

Thanks for your response.

I think you will find that most people here would agree that the corruption in the UCI is at the heart of the problem. That should not however, preclude us from discussing doping here. The two things simply have no relation. I could not more strongly disagree with your tone and slams against people posting here, their motivations and background. You're simply wrong on that count.

As you'll find that there are many threads discussing the UCI and it's role in the current problems.

You may also find that a lot of information gets surfaced here, and I firmly believe that when it becomes apparent at sites like this that the fan base isn't being fooled anymore, it puts some small amount of added pressure on the sport to deal with reality.

The Hitch said:
So a majority of the clinic think that more than 20% of the peloton are doping and presumably that will be top heavy so mostly top guys.

So how comes when those who claim most of the peloton is clean/ Australians wouldnt dope etc gang up on me, tell me its an undeducated opinion, ask why we even watch cycling etc etc , im on my own.

Come on guys, wheres the support?:p

or is it that you believe i can take care of myself? :)

Well I did think that you could, until you started crying.;)

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
You don't need a detailed understanding of the inner workings of a sport to recognize the pattern of corruption.

I have seen the same patterns in track and field, baseball, NFL, tennis and other sports that are happening in cycling.

It is obvious to me that there is a lack of resolve to catch the CHEATS in cycling, and any added pressure from the web (the only power we enthusiasts have) can only be a good thing in my opinion.

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Elverde said:
My background, I raced for 9 years as an amateur, 4 years as an indepenent and 6 years as a professional. Most of my racing was done in UK but I did spend fairly long periods in France and Belgium when I was an amateur. I saw lots of doping during the whole of my racing career (not as sophisticated as todays stuff, mainly amphetamines) and I am 100% against doping. The reason that I wrote was because it is my belief that discussing it here does not help, what we need is an organisation that chases dopers out of the sport, something like the UCI but with teeth and no corruption.
I would also say to Hugh Janus - How can someone who choses a name like that call me an idiot?

Elverde
I found your past racing history, experiences with doping and insight interesting. When you mentioned amphetamines and UCI, well lets say you had my attention. Someone, such as myself does not fully realize the number of former professional riders who are members here. Looking foward to reading your posts in the clinic.
cheers

TRENDING THREADS