• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Peter Post is Dead

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Ahw, sucks.

He's one of the reasons I got hooked on cycling. And when I was totally mesmerised with the sport already, he then treated me to 1980 with the (just about all Dutch) TI Raleigh lot (with some help from Hinault's dodgy knee).

My dad used to rave about the track cycling days of "de keizer", having seen him often in the flesh. A bit before my time, alas.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
amazing time

Francois the Postman said:
Ahw, sucks.

He's one of the reasons I got hooked on cycling. And when I was totally mesmerised with the sport already, he then treated me to 1980 with the (just about all Dutch) TI Raleigh lot (with some help from Hinault's dodgy knee).

My dad used to rave about the track cycling days of "de keizer", having seen him often in the flesh. A bit before my time, alas.

Here Françoís in memori >
_00158.jpg

More: http://cyclisme-cb.blogspot.com/2008/01/retro-lquipe-ti-raleigh.html

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:

Thanks for that link, some great vintage footage in that one!

BTW, can't remember where, but at some point someone asked why I'd picked the name I had. Someone else (quite correctly), matching it with the avatar, figured that it was inspired by Tati's Jour de Fete, where a middle aged Francois the Postman is on a doomed mission to become quicker and more efficient on his bike. That's me that is.

For a forum poster, Postman seemed quite apt too.

But what no-one picked up on was my love for the TI-Raleigh years (and later Panasonic, to a lesser extent), although I have made no secret of that. I grew up with that team. Post might might have passed on, but he'll have someone who will forever think of his team colours when someone asks me what I most fondly associate with cycling.

For a couple of days you guys are gonna have to get used to another Postman avatar. A quiet thank you... "for the all the fish".

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
one of the best
RIP Peter

I still keep a wool winter Panasonic Jacket lovingly stored in my bottom drawer. I only used it on a few rare occasions as it was my pride & joy representing my love for cycling.
It will be much harder to look at now.

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Peter Post poster ,Track

For all the Peter Post fans , i have an old poster that i copied to share it with you . However i cant load it on this thread , so if anyone is interested they maybe able to copy it from my album to save to their collection if they dont have it . I think it is a more fitting shot of Peter in his Prime to remember him by .
Fair winds Peter .
:cool:

TRENDING THREADS