Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 130 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 15, 2016
520
0
0
Re:

hrotha said:
Three world championships is too much, especially when he won the last two in such a forgettable fashion.
Sure, because as the reigning WC you get to design the following year's course amirite?
 
Re: Re:

portugal11 said:
hrotha said:
Three world championships is too much, especially when he won the last two in such a forgettable fashion.
:confused: did you see his first win?
Yes. It was a terrible race with only one lap of proper racing and where everything was always going to come to that last climb because of the terrible course design, but still, Sagan took his chances and went at it head-to-head with the other contenders at the exact point where the race could be made. Totally different from just waiting for the bunch sprint.
 
Three in a row is absolutely incredible feat no matter how shitty last WC courses were and how he won it. I am really laughing that people who called him tactically inept blame him when he uses his strenghts for himself. Well done Peter. Already a legend IMO. Done something which nobody done before him in 84 editions.
 
Re: Re:

KGB said:
trucido said:
portugal11 said:
hrotha said:
Three world championships is too much, especially when he won the last two in such a forgettable fashion.
:confused: did you see his first win?
Yea, he wheelsucked until the final 3km (channeling Echoes).
You mean when even GVa could not hold his wheel?
I think he was just sarcastically referring to the logic of Echoes in the world where anaerobic power counts for absolutely nothing and is an unworthy characteristic to have influencing on a victory.
 
I read something from all interviews, it's that nobody was really fussed or focussed about Sagan. That's the difference between the big classics and these worlds.

In the big classics everyone focusses on Sagan, they ride their race on Sagan's wheel. Here all you hear after the race was "I haven't seen Sagan, I wasn't focussing my race around Sagan". And then he wins. If they are all riding against him, it's the only way they can wear him down and beat him, as they do in the big classics.

If everyone rode their own race and try to win in the big classics, I'm sure Sagan wins MSR, RVV and PR
 
Sep 6, 2016
584
0
0
Re: Re:

hrotha said:
portugal11 said:
hrotha said:
Three world championships is too much, especially when he won the last two in such a forgettable fashion.
:confused: did you see his first win?
Yes. It was a terrible race with only one lap of proper racing and where everything was always going to come to that last climb because of the terrible course design, but still, Sagan took his chances and went at it head-to-head with the other contenders at the exact point where the race could be made. Totally different from just waiting for the bunch sprint.
To be clear, this is the same world's where a break of Boonen, Stannard, Kwiatko, Mollema, Viviani, Moreno and a few others created a gap with 40km left, right?
 
Re: Re:

Durden93 said:
hrotha said:
portugal11 said:
hrotha said:
Three world championships is too much, especially when he won the last two in such a forgettable fashion.
:confused: did you see his first win?
Yes. It was a terrible race with only one lap of proper racing and where everything was always going to come to that last climb because of the terrible course design, but still, Sagan took his chances and went at it head-to-head with the other contenders at the exact point where the race could be made. Totally different from just waiting for the bunch sprint.
To be clear, this is the same world's where a break of Boonen, Stannard, Kwiatko, Mollema, Viviani, Moreno and a few others created a gap with 40km left, right?
Yeah, stuff like that happened every lap in the last 100 kilometres. Everybody seems to have forgotten that, though, so it has become an uneventful race were everything happened in last three kilometres in the collective memory.
 
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I read something from all interviews, it's that nobody was really fussed or focussed about Sagan. That's the difference between the big classics and these worlds.

In the big classics everyone focusses on Sagan, they ride their race on Sagan's wheel. Here all you hear after the race was "I haven't seen Sagan, I wasn't focussing my race around Sagan". And then he wins. If they are all riding against him, it's the only way they can wear him down and beat him, as they do in the big classics.

If everyone rode their own race and try to win in the big classics, I'm sure Sagan wins MSR, RVV and PR
He has 2 second places at MSR precisely because everyone rode their own race. And Roubaix is one race where everyone is almost always riding on their own by the end, but he only has one top 10 there.

He clearly has it in him to win all 3 of the sprinters' monuments, and possibly LBL too if he ever really wants to. But he has to get his tactics right on the day.
 
Re: Re:

Leinster said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I read something from all interviews, it's that nobody was really fussed or focussed about Sagan. That's the difference between the big classics and these worlds.

In the big classics everyone focusses on Sagan, they ride their race on Sagan's wheel. Here all you hear after the race was "I haven't seen Sagan, I wasn't focussing my race around Sagan". And then he wins. If they are all riding against him, it's the only way they can wear him down and beat him, as they do in the big classics.

If everyone rode their own race and try to win in the big classics, I'm sure Sagan wins MSR, RVV and PR
He has 2 second places at MSR precisely because everyone rode their own race. And Roubaix is one race where everyone is almost always riding on their own by the end, but he only has one top 10 there.

He clearly has it in him to win all 3 of the sprinters' monuments, and possibly LBL too if he ever really wants to. But he has to get his tactics right on the day.
OR have one strong teammate who can stay with the best till the finish line.
Beeing in QS, the races would be boring as hell.
 
Re: Re:

Durden93 said:
hrotha said:
portugal11 said:
hrotha said:
Three world championships is too much, especially when he won the last two in such a forgettable fashion.
:confused: did you see his first win?
Yes. It was a terrible race with only one lap of proper racing and where everything was always going to come to that last climb because of the terrible course design, but still, Sagan took his chances and went at it head-to-head with the other contenders at the exact point where the race could be made. Totally different from just waiting for the bunch sprint.
To be clear, this is the same world's where a break of Boonen, Stannard, Kwiatko, Mollema, Viviani, Moreno and a few others created a gap with 40km left, right?
Every WC RR has those moves that are clearly not the winning ones.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS