• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Let Sagan have his fun celebrating wins. He is quite a talent and is refreshing. Teams will change tactics to neutralize him and will succeed somewaht. LIke with Cancellara. But I think Peter is smarter than Fabian.

And btw, FC is a puss to complain about Sagan.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
Funny how few people complain about Flecha.

The bow is more authentic, and has synergy with his name of course :D But people would be annoyd if he won as much as Sagan and as Bertie (used to)

veganrob said:
And btw, FC is a puss to complain about Sagan.

Hehe, yeah I found that quite fun coming from a dude who talks about himself as a plane etc

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
Too much?!?!

Do you want him to gift wins even more :eek:

He wins too much i nthe sense that his salutes get annoying. I wouldn't mind Flecha doing his every 2-3 years, but Contador has done it too much in the past. Though I can't remember the last time Conta did it, he seems to have changed his victory salute. He probably got a call from Fabs to stop the BS.

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
cancellara is just annoyed that he hasn't won in quite a time and the fact that he keeps on getting marked out of races or failing to make astute tactical decisions so he got his anger out on sagan's victory salutes.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
He wins too much i nthe sense that his salutes get annoying. I wouldn't mind Flecha doing his every 2-3 years, but Contador has done it too much in the past. Though I can't remember the last time Conta did it, he seems to have changed his victory salute. He probably got a call from Fabs to stop the BS.

Cancellara is such an ***** to complain about other´s victory salutes, about the rain on the Spa stage in 2009, and so on. He behaves like before only Armstrong did, and thinks he´s the patron of the peloton all year long.

He was the one who (maybe) did Roubaix on THG in 2006, who had motors in his bikes in 2010, etc., and has a really non-likeable character.

Success also changed the likes of Gilbert or Boonen, but none of them behaves like Cancellara. Look at Contador and the Schlecks, what success they had, and how they remained relatively modest and down-to-earth.

Sagan is the future, Cancellara will be past, sooner or later, and Cancellara has problems to accept this.

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I remember a football coach telling me once, "When you make it to the end zone, act as though you have been there before and not some clown who is somewhere he doesn't deserve to be."

Makes sense.

Contador's pistol nonsense is hard to watch, for many. Sagan's antics are also difficult to watch, for many. Cav's "phone call" salute in the Tour was goofy, to many.

I guess there are two types of cycling fans:

1. Those that prefer the classic - two hands high in the air. This is good for the sponsors, too, since the chest of the rider can be plainly seen for the winning photo.

2. Those that get a kick out of a more jubilant celebration that can be bordering on being cute or silly.

In the end, the sponsors will see which salute gets the most press for their product and either encourage riders to tone it down, or to have a blast and go hog-wild.

I think it is much simpler than that. If there is someone you don't like, anything he or she does will annoy and irritate you. If there is someone you like, anything he or she does is awesome and classy.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
TheBean said:
In the end, the sponsors will see which salute gets the most press for their product and either encourage riders to tone it down, or to have a blast and go hog-wild.

I'm fairly certain sponsors care far more about having victories than they do about what the celebration looks like.

Sagan's a class act all around. He wins, he's not a braggart (think Cavendish), he doesn't denigrate his opponents (Cavendish again) and he likes to have a little fun at the finish line.

winkybiker said:
Fake. I can tell from the pixels.

fake? hmm I dont think so ;)

10W3E.png

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
He said he considers to race Fleche after Amstel. Normally, one should advise him to even do Liege, when you saw him how he did in this Liege-like stage in Tirreno.

Only problem could be that he´s in shape since mid February, and that he could be on decline by then, but he rests for two weeks after Flanders, so why not?

RHRH19861986 said:
He said he considers to race Fleche after Amstel. Normally, one should advise him to even do Liege, when you saw him how he did in this Liege-like stage in Tirreno.

Only problem could be that he´s in shape since mid February, and that he could be on decline by then, but he rests for two weeks after Flanders, so why not?

common- he needs a breaK!!! He'll be burned by june riding at this rate!!!-damn

The principal reason for his absent on the Ardennes is because of the TOCalifornia-cuz Cannondale is going to dry up every bit of his existence for sponsorship duties..... sad indeed:mad:

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
hfer07 said:
The principal reason for his absent on the Ardennes is because of the TOCalifornia-cuz Cannondale is going to dry up every bit of his existence for sponsorship duties..... sad indeed:mad:

Yeah, and the thing is, he won Green at the Tour for Liquigas, so Cannondale might want him to repeat this.

Best thing form-wise and age-wise would be

Ardennes
Tour de Suisse
Tour de France
Vattenfall
Plouay
Quebec
Montreal
Worlds
Lombardia,

but I fear he´ll have to do Cali and either Utah or Colorado, for sponsorship reasons.

TRENDING THREADS