• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
You think they'll wrap him up until the Tour now?

Its good to know he's human after all, not being to do much at Amstel. Maybe Cannondale might have been better off letting him race R-B and letting Moser lead the team for the Ardennes.

they won't, cannondale will force him to ride the ToC just like they forced nibali last year almost ruining his tour prep and imo that's problematic for sagan as it could mean he will be invisible after the tour like he pretty much was last year.

just because they don't manage his schedule properly :eek:

Parrulo said:
you being an obvious unbiased source of opinions about sagan ;)

this race didn't have a few too many hills for him last year and the only different in the course is that the last lap is a bit easier and there are nearly 2k after the cauberg so the race suits him even more then it did last year.

i think he is simply past his peak form and needs nice and long rest until june/july

I am not compaining. I am really enjoying it here. I am not sarcastic either. :eek:
Only if you have the posts from both sides, you can figure out where the truth might be. ( even as far as clinic is concerned )

too many hills and two many km for this time of season (meaning 2013 season - which was far more difficult than 2012 obviously) :eek:

Panda Claws said:
I cracked some numbers on CQranking

Most points u-25

1. Boasson Hagen 5.795
2. Robert Gesink 5.271
3. Damiano Cunego 5.203
4. Peter Sagan 5.074 (Already)
5. Tom Boonen 4.600
6. Alejandro Valverde 4.313

Sagan has already scored more points than almost any rider at 23 years old than they did before their 25th birthday.

Let's compare to other huge talents of 1990 (or around that age).

Taylor Phinney: 1.672
Michal Kwiatkowski: 1.190
Moreno Moser: 1.234
John Degenkolb: 2.613 (Older)

Peter Sagan at 5.922 points now! :D

Think Sagan will have a grand battle with Cav for the Green jersey in the TdF. If Cav wasn't around I think he is winning the points jersey so easily that if he wanted to he could probably go for polka-dot also.

I think yesterday he couldn't have tried so hard to be 11 minutes down with today's showing, just rolling in. I do wonder how much potential he has though, if he put his mind to it could he be a GC rider ? His talent is phenomenal, no doubt.

Pulpstar said:
Think Sagan will have a grand battle with Cav for the Green jersey in the TdF. If Cav wasn't around I think he is winning the points jersey so easily that if he wanted to he could probably go for polka-dot also.

I think yesterday he couldn't have tried so hard to be 11 minutes down with today's showing, just rolling in. I do wonder how much potential he has though, if he put his mind to it could he be a GC rider ? His talent is phenomenal, no doubt.

Should join SKY. They will convert him into a GC rider with marginal gains.

Pulpstar said:

I doubt Sagan will be a factor for Green this year. Too many pancake flat stages with almost no obstacles along the way, could give us 10 bunch sprints where Cav takes part with a 100% dedicated team.

Very different from last year, where several flat stages were designed "better" and Cav's team had different priorities.

We shall see.

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I think Sagan will easily get the Green in the T de F. Even if many stages will have bunch sprints for the likes of Cav, Greipel, Kittel and co.,Sagan will still be in the top 6 or so. He will also get points in the hilly stages where the top speed sprinters go out of the back.

Spectateur said:
I think Sagan will easily get the Green in the T de F. Even if many stages will have bunch sprints for the likes of Cav, Greipel, Kittel and co.,Sagan will still be in the top 6 or so. He will also get points in the hilly stages where the top speed sprinters go out of the back.

Except 6th gets 25 points less than 1st, and any stage Sagan wins will be 30 points for the win. He needs to be finishing 3rd pretty often to make the equation balance, absent crashes.

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Except 6th gets 25 points less than 1st, and any stage Sagan wins will be 30 points for the win. He needs to be finishing 3rd pretty often to make the equation balance, absent crashes.
You are forgetting the intermediate sprints in the mountain stages. They give 20 points, and most often they are placed so that Sagan could contest them without Cav.

Netserk said:
You are forgetting the intermediate sprints in the mountain stages. They give 20 points, and most often they are placed so that Sagan could contest them without Cav.

Have you reviewed the route?

There are, at most, 4 sprints placed so Sagan can reach and Cav can't. Allow for a normal sized breakaway and that will be worth ~40-50 points for Sagan. on the other 13 intermediates Cav would expect to make most of that back, especially with others getting involved early on who are quicker than Sagan.

Even allow for Sagan getting in a couple of breaks and say it nets out to +50 for Peter on intermediates, he still needs very good results in the flat sprints.

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Way too much effort went in to that if there was a ramp, given you can see in the video there was not a ramp.

You can also clearly see he didn't do any effort to pull the back wheel. there was a guy in the driver seat who went out and took off the ramp before the video could reach it ;)

TRENDING THREADS