• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
argyllflyer said:
Unless his homework over the close season is 'racecraft' I don't think all of that will happen. There are better puncheurs out there, there are better riders on cobbles, there are better riders with a tactical brain. He is undoubtedly the best all-rounder out there but the only way that is rewarded is points jerseys, and he, as noted, has a fill of those already.

True but maybe he won't be overraced by the Ardennes and AGR suits him very much.
The RVV he came 2nd in last year was very hard fought, and he was very strong. I think he can learn from his mistakes from taking a turn and stick to any big riders that attack.

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Peter needs to sharpen his tactics, should of had a stage or two in the 2014TDF. I see him winning green anytime he wants, plus 1-2 TDF stage wins for a bit. The big question, can he win a few monuments. I think so, but will need to do more wheelsucking like gerrans, and keep cancellara's wheel somehow.

RiccoDinko said:
Peter needs to sharpen his tactics, should of had a stage or two in the 2014TDF. I see him winning green anytime he wants, plus 1-2 TDF stage wins for a bit. The big question, can he win a few monuments. I think so, but will need to do more wheelsucking like gerrans, and keep cancellara's wheel somehow.

He will be a new man with Tinkov. :)
For the Tour Riis said he will be going for stage wins next year and not necessarily the green. He will have more support in the monuments than he did with Cannondale.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Well.. He's on a strict diet....

You need the best nutrition out there to climb Kilimanjaro :p

QfGRwba.jpg

Hopefully Breschel will have a trouble-free winter and spring, as he will be a big help to Sagan if he reaches his best form. Then there's Bodnar who should do well, but probably won't be there at the end. I think Valgren could do really well on the cobbles, but I fear he will go for the Ardennes again next year.

From Chris Juul-Jensen's Roleur blog:

Peter Sagan, for instance, displayed his strength on numerous occasions. At one point I went to hand him his rucksack. It was heavy, real heavy, and Sagan carried his entire baggage load himself, unlike us mere mortals who relied on the Sherpas. He even carried a team-mate suffering from altitude sickness partially down the mountain over his shoulder. Pure class.

:eek: :cool:

Impressive.

Impressed reading this about Sagan on Kili. I'm hoping for good things for him next year. Not just more of the same - feels like he can win green whilst scarcely trying - I want him to develop - his race craft, tactics in particular. He should be looking at what he wants to win long term and bedding down the things he needs for that now. That might mean he wins less not more this next season, but does things that put him in a better place not to be a mere green machine forever more.

I think Tinkoff was a good choice, actually - he should learn a lot from Riis and Contador, and they'll probably do a bit to marshall his strengths and have him mature a bit - without turning him into a dull robot.

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
nayr497 said:
Any ideas why he opened his cycling academy in Israel? That was mentioned in the recent interview on CN about the upcoming season. Not sure why he chose that location.
Pleasant weather on the coastline throughout the season?

TRENDING THREADS