• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Peter Sagan logo

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
The Peter Sagan logo has got to go. It looks like 3/4 of a swastika! I rank Peter among my favorite riders, so from the heart (pounding my chest) - Rethink the logo!

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
Take, or more accurately, give the logo challenge. Few people have seen the logo or associate it with anything, so grab a screenshot of the bike seat of his new WC bike from the gallery posted today and, without context, show it to people and get a reaction. I have shown it to 7 people today and 6 of 7 identified it as resembling a swastika in less than 3 seconds. Beside the point is my opinion that the logo is just lame. There is no limit to the creative possibilities. Even McDonald's started with the "Speedee" logo.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
sagan_saddle_670.jpg

yeah Sagan is a Nazi :D

Notwithstanding he's a patron of the Israeli-based Cycling Academy Team.

There are a lot of perfectly reasonable things to attack Sagan for, and I will almost invariably gladly join the dogpile when you do, because he generally deserves it. However, this is just a slightly ill-advised logo that looks a tiny bit like something it really shouldn't from one angle. Maybe it needs tweaking, but that's all.

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
No one is saying that he is a Nazi or that it is meant to resemble a swastika but a resemblance is there. Other than that it's just a naff logo with an 'S' then a 'P' on it's side which I presume is meant to look like a cyclist?

TRENDING THREADS