• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Petition for Wigans to wear the Livestrong wristband

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
LS had the utterly brilliant idea

Libertine Seguros said:
I tell you what, if Wiggins came out for the next stage with a Livestrong wristband, that would be amazing. He's known for having a slightly obtuse sense of humour, that would be epic trolling of the lot of us, both the cynics and the idealists. It almost needs to happen.

If Wigans wears the Livestrong wristband, he makes me a fan. Because it is telling everyone, a big F U and middle finger. But it gives the fanbois like Dimspace an interpretation of supporting cancer. It gives the Armstrong fans an opportunity to interpret it as support.

It is the omnipotent metaphor that can mean anything to anyone. But for us in the clinic crib, it is like the nod and the wink. We dont need the nod and the wink. But this would be so gut wrenchingly funny.

images

Game Over.

blackcat said:

If Wigans wears the Livestrong wristband, he makes me a fan. Because it is telling everyone, a big F U and middle finger. But it gives the fanbois like Dimspace an interpretation of supporting cancer. It gives the Armstrong fans an opportunity to interpret it as support.

It is the omnipotent metaphor that can mean anything to anyone. But for us in the clinic crib, it is like the nod and the wink. We dont need the nod and the wink. But this would be so gut wrenchingly funny.

It would be amazing. Like you say, a lot of my negativity towards him would dissipate with it - it would be the ultimate "I don't give a ***" statement.

For the cynics, it's a red rag to a bull, and a big "well, you'll say what you say whatever I do, so chew on this!", and to the fanboys it's a deliberate nod to a fallen hero/a troll move to suggest the cynics mightn't be so wrong. It would annoy everybody, and for that reason it would be amazing.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:

No way.
Wigans needs to start a Foundation for Tourettes.

You get a white wristband, but if you say a naughty word it turns blue.
Then he gets Wigan FC to go in to partnership with him - of course you would replace Wigans FC with Wiggins F*** C***. (maybe sign John Terry as a spokesman)

Dr. Maserati said:
No way.
Wigans needs to start a Foundation for Tourettes.

You get a white wristband, but if you say a naughty word it turns blue.
Then he gets Wigan FC to go in to partnership with him - of course you would replace Wigans FC with Wiggins F*** C***. (maybe sign John Terry as a spokesman)

I will by shoutload of those flickers.

I'm not sure if he needs to wear a Livestrong wristband, but he's certainly sounding more and more like his mentor:

"I’m tested by the UCI, god knows how many times a year, god knows how many times at the Dauphiné, blood tested every morning. What more can I do other than that? I don’t know really? You tell me. I’d love to know. I’m only human at the end of the day, I’m not this robot."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wig...&ns_source=cyclingnews&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:

a yellow band and a $100K donation to planned parenthood and he is my hero

TRENDING THREADS