• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Petition that this thread must remain until the UCI treats all athletes the same.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
88% of cyclingforum users want this thread to remain*

____

VITTEL, France — French Minister for Sport Roselyne Bachelot hit out Thursday at cycling's world ruling body, calling for a more stringent approach to carrying out the doping controls on the race.

An incident involving the Astana team of race favourites Alberto Contador and Lance Armstrong last week prompted France's national anti-doping agency (AFLD) to hit out at the International Cycling Union (UCI).
___

* only one person was interviewed for the results of the survey.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iDLAMuzoLLm77tx-5jscFkC62W0A

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
People should know better by now than to pay any attention to what this person posts. All his other idiotic, provocative threads have dropped from sight, so he has to think of something else to draw attention to himself by yet again posting in the wrong forum.

Pathetic.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I agree that this should be in "The Clinic" section.

I also agree that there should be some consistency with testing of athletes, regardless of who they are or which team they are on. If this report is true, that is twice this year (that we know of) that Armstrong/Astana has delayed a anti-doping tester (once earlier in the year where he had a shower and this current situation). I don't know what an athlete could do during this time to reduce the chance of testing positive (if anything), but given all of the speculation surrounding many of these athletes, I think it is important that they adhere to the rules!

Again.. this thread needs to be moved!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Cobber said:
If this report is true, that is twice this year (that we know of) that Armstrong/Astana has delayed a anti-doping tester

You apparently misread the article/are unaware of the details of the situation. The AFLD is angry at the UCI for what they perceive to be failure to carefully execute doping controls (in particular, not assuring that the athlete is chaperoned at all times following their selection to be "controlled"). No accusations have been directed against Armstrong/Astana per se

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
acoggan said:
You apparently misread the article/are unaware of the details of the situation. The AFLD is angry at the UCI for what they perceive to be failure to carefully execute doping controls (in particular, not assuring that the athlete is chaperoned at all times following their selection to be "controlled"). No accusations have been directed against Armstrong/Astana per se

My comments were based on the following quote from the article. The way it is written, it suggests Astana held up the inspectors.....

AFLD president Pierre Bordry said the UCI had been "lenient" in its handling of collecting samples for testing from the team. Reports later claimed Astana kept UCI doping inspectors waiting for nearly an hour as samples were sought.

Regardless, there needs to be some consistency in the way anti-doping tests are carried out and the way sanctions are handled. Although I don't pay a huge amount of attention to it, it seems that some riders have been penalised based on very circumstantial evidence while other riders have not.

Jul 8, 2009
www.edwardgtalbot.com
I don't know the exact rules for cycling, but I know that several years ago as an athlete in the track and field testing pool, USADA rules allowed that if they showed up and couldn't find me, I had 60 minutes to respond to voicemail/arrive home. I used most of the 60 minutes one time when I was out training and happened to arrive home a few minutes before it as up.

I suspect that if I was home when they arrived, I couldn't have stall them for an hour while I went to do other stuff, though.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone else think that if this had happened last year (or the year before) with one of the smaller teams in the race there would have been an expulsion?

Everything has changed now that The Boss is back.

TRENDING THREADS