• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

petiton for the old cyclingnews back

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
the new site is ... lets face it a pile of steaming bull****:mad:

almost every thread complains about the new site, so i say lets do something about it.

I propose that we use this thread as a petition to get the site we know and love back, just sign your name

Im in:)

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
your grasping at straws.

coz thats all that left

dont get me wrong i love the site, ive been using it for years but c'mon if you're gonna complain at least do something about it. the site owners dont care about complaints in a hundred different threads do they we need them all in one place so they can see exactly how we feel

michaeld05 said:
almost every thread complains about the new site, so i say lets do something about it.

I propose that we use this thread as a petition to get the site we know and love back, just sign your name

Yeah, that's going to happen. To go back would be to admit defeat. If that were to happen then someone would have to take responsibility for spending a lot of time and money on failure.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
To go back would be to admit defeat. If that were to happen then someone would have to take responsibility for spending a lot of time and money on failure.

How true... It is not that I dont like the new design, rather I hate that they scrubbed many of the great features...

...like prompt and full race results. And easily searchable databases.

May 17, 2009
Visit site
benpounder said:
How true... It is not that I dont like the new design, rather I hate that they scrubbed many of the great features...

You can´t make your sheet larger and you can´t make your house larger by stuffing it full with lovely things.
CyclingNews naively tried to make the page larger or at least to look larger, but what they get at the end is constipation - that the doctor should come.
By the way CyclingNews has the best repoters.:eek:

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
benpounder said:

Full results were always there - just hidden by the 'show more' link. This feature was removed last night.

You can't see it yet because of the race results processor issue, but one of the cooler aspects of the new website (IMHO) once it's all running right is the rider database which is linked to each rider's profile from the results. They will work like this (http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/24th-tour-de-beauce-2-2/stages/stage-6) where you can click through to both the team and rider profiles.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
restore the old!!!!

I have been visiting since it was Bill's own page. There have been many changes since then, but I've hung in there. Not this time though. It is hard to read and no longer convenient to navigate. I'll go else where or perhaps just stick with SBS.com for Tour news.

Signed,

Angry and disappointed.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm signing up for the old one. Way to many new things and lots of old stuff left out. We have had the older format for years and all knew just where to go and how to get to it. Now I feel like I am in a maze of mirrors and can't get out ! HELP

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
If wanted to read Bikeradar I'd already be reading Bikeradar. I'm afraid unless Cyclingnews improves I won't be a religious reader of the site anymore.

I wouldn't be suprised if the number of visitors to the site decreased.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
So, I was pretty put out when you first changed the layout and design of the site and after venting my spleen thought - I'll persevere. However my I think my number of visits tell their own tale.

Usually I'd look first thing and then again at lunchtime. If its a busy day cyclingwise I'd look in the afternoon too.

I didn't bother looking at all yesterday and have just had a cursory glance today.

The layout is a nightmare. Its impossible to check things out quickly. The photo galleries related to races seem to be truncated versus what was there before.

As so many others have said - its bikeradar with a different header.

You've wrecked it chaps.

Coincidentally I used to buy procycling (another future publication) but gave up when it became too American centric.

Cyclingnews is unfortunately now just trash

TRENDING THREADS