• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Phil Liggert claims Federal investigators paid people to lie about Armstrong

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Get the barf bag ready : [url="http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/despite-usadas-evidence-liggett-remains-armstrongs-supporter]Despite USADA's evidence Liggett remains Armstrong's supporter[/url]

- still supports Armstrong
- has been made to look like a fool
- There has to be some truth in Tyler's book
- can't quit as he's signed a contract to comment until 2016

You had been warned, dirty old man!

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
156683_518177864877319_942230430_n.jpg

gooner said:
If they have any sense, they would. It's not as if he would be hard to replace either.

They could easily bring in Declan Quigley. Great knowledge of the sport.

I think he said in the Interview (when asked about his retirement statement) that he had already signed contracts to the end of 2013, or 2014. So he might have to be paid out in order to retire now (Phil aint stupid when it comes to money!!).

Could be that one winner out of all this in the commentator stakes might be Matthew Keenan.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
All that stuff about Senile Phil just obfuscates the ugly truth: he's been in on the fix all along. He's been a willing participant, lying the whole way to protect his own interests. He knows exactly what he's doing, playing the "confused old man" part. This sums it up:

Scott LeMond ‏@ScottLeMond

@nyvelocity Yep, standing around talking at the finish, Phil and Paul were talking about how lance was the biggest cheat.
View conversation

Retweet
Favorite

8h Scott LeMond Scott LeMond ‏@ScottLeMond

Oh Phil, i remember during stage 9 of the 2007 Tour, how you were talking about how dirty Lance was, good times.

131313 said:
All that stuff about Senile Phil just obfuscates the ugly truth: he's been in on the fix all along. He's been a willing participant, lying the whole way to protect his own interests. He knows exactly what he's doing, playing the "confused old man" part. This sums it up:

Scott LeMond ‏@ScottLeMond

@nyvelocity Yep, standing around talking at the finish, Phil and Paul were talking about how lance was the biggest cheat.
View conversation

Retweet
Favorite

8h Scott LeMond Scott LeMond ‏@ScottLeMond

Oh Phil, i remember during stage 9 of the 2007 Tour, how you were talking about how dirty Lance was, good times.

I was just going to post this.

Liggett's stupidity act is just an act. He knew very well what was going on. He could have glossed over Armstrong's doping, maybe deflected attention away from it, but he decided to go out of his way to actively protect Armstrong.

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
From CN:

I had an email from an eminent scientist from the US yesterday. An SMS actually. It said if Lance Armstrong had taken the drugs outlined by USADA he’d have been dead ten years ago. He’s an eminent scientist and a very intelligent man. I don’t know his name, the SMS came from a secondary person.

Phil's definitely losing it.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS