• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Phil Liggett at the Winter Olympics

Apparently he will be commentating in Vancouver. What do you think he will call? Downhill? Bobsledding? Slalom?

I can just here all the cycling cliches now:rolleyes:

"And he's dancing on those ski's"
"He's quite literally turning himself inside out to produce the slalom of his life"
"He'll have to hope his suitcase of courage was not frozen on the flight over"
"And the first ski's have been pushed in anger"

Atleast it may be sort of bearable without Paul "In the sport of professional cycling" Sherwen and he may actually refrain from mentioning that certain rider from Austin, Texas.

Your thoughts.......

Didn't have a clue which forum this should be in so i just stashed it in the Cafe section

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
Apparently he will be commentating in Vancouver. What do you think he will call? Downhill? Bobsledding? Slalom?

"He's quite literally turning himself inside out to produce the slalom of his life"

Atleast it may be sort of bearable without Paul "In the sport of professional cycling" Sherwen and he may actually refrain from mentioning that certain rider from Austin, Texas.

Your thoughts.......

Didn't have a clue which forum this should be in so i just stashed it in the Cafe section

"It is just a shame that Lance couldn't be here today to show these female trick skiers something that could really make them jump. That is if they look like his mother"

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:

Your thoughts.......

hilarious! how much do you want to bet he will mention a certain lance armstrong!

May 6, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:

Your thoughts.......

Nah it will be "In the sport of professional bobsledding".

May 6, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Without Sherwen there to correct all the mistaken athlete identifications this could be comedy gold.

Considering Sherwin is convinced that Egoi Martinez rode for USPS (he didn't) and that he was a team mate of LA at Discovery Channel (Martinez joined 6 months after LA retired), maybe Sherwin should of joined him.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
He even he did the commentary for the triathlon at the 2004 Athens Olympics. I didn't watch the triathlon at the Beijing Olympics though so I can't comment.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully commenting on a sport that doesn't involve LA will remind me of what I used to like about tuning in to Liggett's broadcasts. I wonder if the gold medalist will "lack the intelligence" to be a great champion?

I must admit it has been a refreshing change to hear Phil Liggett's voice at these Olympics. It is just so much nicer when he is not blowing a certain person's trumpet the whole time. Normally when i'm listening to him i'm just waiting for him to start working that trumpet again. But it seems as though he has actually put it away for an extended period of time. So far I have quite enjoyed his commentary and even found him informative at times.

Well done Mr Liggett.

TRENDING THREADS