• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Phil Zajicek

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
washedup said:
It would be interesting to see what his argument truly was. Is the girlfriend thing just a joke, or might there be some truth in that (being his excuse, not an actuality)? Sounds like an old-school strategy.

Is it safe to assume that this is Papp's statement?:

"I can confirm that the Zajicek case is being appealed," a source who is close to the case, told Cyclingnews. "They say they have a stronger case now. I provided USADA with information about him."

If so, I don't see why he wasn't more forthcoming about it to begin with.

1. It wasn't my statement.
2. I'm prohibited from discussing my involvement in any on-going on otherwise unresolved doping investigations.
3. I'm prohibited from discussing my involvement in doping investigations that resulted in prosecutions that were adjudicated in favor of the athlete.

It's a serious responsibility to appear in a witness in any anti-doping hearing, and one component of such a responsibility is to maintain the confidentiality of the proceedings - in large part to protect the privacy rights of the athlete. Because if the athlete is found not guilty of the charged violation, then there's no reason for the case to be made public and the athlete stigmatized. Or at least that's how the argument goes...

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Tour of the Gila results from yesterday might indicate that a certain someone is racing a little cleaner while being investigated. What's the scoop on the "ongoing investigation."

13 3:38:02. 0:02:00 165 Zajicek Philip Fly V Australia-Successful ENCINITAS CA 90090

4 3:48:34. 0:00:16 67 Zajicek Phillip Fly V Australia Boulder CO 90090

83 4:06:44. 0:07:22 241 ZAJICEK Philip Boulder CO 90090

DomesticDomestique said:
Tour of the Gila results from yesterday might indicate that a certain someone is racing a little cleaner while being investigated. What's the scoop on the "ongoing investigation."

13 3:38:02. 0:02:00 165 Zajicek Philip Fly V Australia-Successful ENCINITAS CA 90090

4 3:48:34. 0:00:16 67 Zajicek Phillip Fly V Australia Boulder CO 90090

83 4:06:44. 0:07:22 241 ZAJICEK Philip Boulder CO 90090

He rode below expectations at San Dimas and Redlands too. Before San Dimas, quite a few rather knowledgeable pundits had him pegged for the win and a very strong season to follow.

He did, to be honest, finish within about a minute of the winner in each race.