• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Photography

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 18, 2009
Visit site
RetroActive said:
Crossing the Champs Elysees
jkbmac.jpg

I will be there in late June. I plan to set up either up on the elevated section at the end of the Tulleries where it meets the Place, or if I can't get up there set up on the curb there and shoot straight down it to the Arc with a 300mm. I've seen pictures like this before and they are pretty cool.

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
ChrisE said:
I will be there in late June. I plan to set up either up on the elevated section at the end of the Tulleries where it meets the Place, or if I can't get up there set up on the curb there and shoot straight down it to the Arc with a 300mm. I've seen pictures like this before and they are pretty cool.

Paris is great, have fun. I'd been drinking wine, the sky was cool and the strobe light from the eiffel tower was looking like a UFO at times against the clouds so I snapped this pic trying to get the UFO effect. That didn't entirely work out but it wasn't a bad snap anyway. There was more wine on the other side of the street in any case.:p

May 18, 2009
Visit site
RetroActive said:
Paris is great, have fun. I'd been drinking wine, the sky was cool and the strobe light from the eiffel tower was looking like a UFO at times against the clouds so I snapped this pic trying to get the UFO effect. That didn't entirely work out but it wasn't a bad snap anyway. There was more wine on the other side of the street in any case.:p

I've been there many times. You took that hand held!?

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
ChrisE said:
I've been there many times. You took that hand held!?

Hand held with a happy buzz on.:D Canon powershot sx 110is. I have a tripod but I never use it. Now I have a Canon EOS Rebel T3i with a 18-200 zoom, lol, the tech. aspects are somewhat lost on me. I don't do any post processing either, just play around for fun. I enjoy attempting to compose in the frame.

I like taking pictures of birds so I should probably start using a tripod but it's a bother to lug around. If I get a bigger lens I'll have to though.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
RetroActive said:
Hand held with a happy buzz on.:D Canon powershot sx 110is. I have a tripod but I never use it. Now I have a Canon EOS Rebel T3i with a 18-200 zoom, lol, the tech. aspects are somewhat lost on me. I don't do any post processing either, just play around for fun. I enjoy attempting to compose in the frame.

I like taking pictures of birds so I should probably start using a tripod but it's a bother to lug around. If I get a bigger lens I'll have to though.

A good book that will really help you and is easy to understand is Understanding Exposure by Brian Peterson. I wish I had read it sooner than I did. Take care.

Re: Los Angeles County Fair

krebs303 said:

Its a mind blowing picture. It shows how good your photography is!
Especially the close up of baby pink elephant which brings the illusion of enchanted and depicts the gladness of that cute animal....
DOP creates sharp object with wide aperture and slow shutter speed
Nice combo!