• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pictures

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I'm wondering why you put the "previous picture" and "next picture" navigation button at the bottom center of the picture. If you put it on top left, it will don't move everytime and it will allow us to see picture without moving the mouse every time. Navigation would be easier. You can then decide to scroll down to see the picture or go to the next without having to move the mouse everytime.:)

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I agree with this.

I miss two other picture related functions from the old galleries:

1.) Clicking on the image takes you to the next picture. This is by far the easiest way to look through a gallery, because it is a much larger target to click.

2.) The gallery view, where you could see thumbnails of all the pictures.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I have now found the gallery view a couple of times, but no idea how I got there! The pictures on the stage reports are no longer links. On the old site I could go to a picture, then jump to "related story" or "related gallery".

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
SteelFrame said:
I agree with this.

I miss two other picture related functions from the old galleries:

1.) Clicking on the image takes you to the next picture. This is by far the easiest way to look through a gallery, because it is a much larger target to click.

2.) The gallery view, where you could see thumbnails of all the pictures.

1) This is coming.

2) As you've noted, it's there, but hard to uncover. It's one of several fixes which will come with the revised race section.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
No "Next Photo"?

Tried three different browsers and a few different events and can't seem to get a "Next Photo" under a picture - only "Previous Photo".

+1 to the idea of those nav links at the top and click to next pic as previously suggested.

Mike G.
-

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Found a "Next"...

The missing "Next Photo" turned up in a few events I hadn't previously looked at.

None in the Nevada City coverage, Tour du Pays has it on the one photo in the gallery, but there isn't a second pic :), and the Italian Championships seem to have all the right nav links.

Still miss the photographers name. It's one of the reasons I submit pix.

Mike G.
velodrome.com
-