• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Play the CQ Manager Game 2019!

Hey cyclingnews friends,

the 9th edition of the CQ Manager Game is starting in just over a week, so this post is to serve as a reminder for returning players or a heads-up for those who may not have heard of it before. I'm aware of the likelihood that many forum users don't regularly visit the Games and Fantasy Cycling section, so this post is also intended to call attention to the game and that forum in general.

The premise of the game is simple - you act as a team manager, picking between 25 and 33 riders for the year, spending no more than 7500 CQ points (as detailed by cqranking.com). Cyclingnews forums poster Hugo Koblet invented the game, and since 2011 it has become, as far as I know, the biggest online cycling fantasy game on english-language forums - last year there were 129 teams, and it would be great to get even more.

Anyway, details are to be found on this thread. I recognize this is being posted in the road forum, and don't intend for this to be a discussion thread here - I wanted to post it temporarily here for a week (deadline for entry is 23:59 CET January 3rd), since it's the offseason and folks may not be aware of its existence. If you haven't played before, you should try it out! Even if it takes a year of participation to figure out how to pick a good team, you'll have plenty of riders to follow throughout the ups and downs of the year, and you might gain an interest in races you never really knew about before.

If you have questions etc, I encourage you to ask them in the main game thread I've linked to, or by PM.

(note to mods: I've asked if it's okay to post this reminder thread here in PRR in the past, and it has been fine - let me know if anything has changed)

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps, it would be good to also re-post this in the General and Clinic sections as there are some "oldtimers" that used to play and post here but now they only frequent those dark forum sections.

(Yes, I'm talking to you Hitch)

Just a note to bump this thread and remind people that the deadline for submitting teams is just over 24 hours away! We've got 60 entries so far, so it'll be a busy day tomorrow if We wanna match the 129 that participated last year.

Jancouver, your suggestion of posting in the other forum is noted, but I didn't see it until now and so maybe it's a bit late; also, I don't want to carpet bomb the forums with a plug for a game, just happy to put this message in the main forum to get the most likelihood of people seeing it.

Good luck to everyone who's going to play!

TRENDING THREADS