• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

podcast of the year. lemond is class and real.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 8, 2009
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
Greg actually is a sponsor for Garmin/Slipstream with Vaughters - he states that in the linked podcast.

That may have been true at the time, but there is no mention of any such sponsorship on the Garmin/Slipstream site.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
With the benefit of hindsight, I would have a lot of sympathy for Greg, I dont agree that EPO was the definitive reason for the decline of LeMond as Andy Hampsten was miles in front of LeMond in 92/92 and he was supposedly clean. It undoubtedly played a part though. Scottish rider Robert Millar once labelled him the John Wayne of cycling which I feel may have had deeper significance than originally intended.

I heard an interview with Hampsten a little while back and, while he doesn't mention doping, he does say that he noticed peleton speeds changed dramatically around that time. He was talking about it more along the lines of why guys stopped going for the Giro and Tour double but it's hard to not notice the timing.

TRENDING THREADS