• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I listen/subscribe to The Velocast, which includes This Week in Cycling History (Cillian Kelly is awesome!), Cycle Systems Academy Podcast, The Spokesman, and The Fredcast.
The Velocast is a paid subscription, but well worth the price and the best cycling podcast out there, imo.

Lapsed Velocast subscriber and do enjoy it but overall I prefer the professional insight of the lads on the Telegraph one. The problem with the Velocast's daily shows during a GT is that for me I come in from work, sit through the TV coverage on catch-up andthen have to find a further period of time to listen to them. It's just overkill with other things happening out there in life. I loved their weekly show before it went behind the paywall.

Also lapsed Velocast subscriber ...not worth it IMO...not the expense but does not:) offer anything that I can't get on twitter & elsewhere for free

Telegraph's the cyling_podcast is the best by a mile and free

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I used to listen to Velocast until they started charging for it. $15 is a bit steep for a podcast.

i'd be happy to pay about $5, but they're asking too much for my budget.
obviously their demo is corporate executive MAMIL types.

Hadn't used any of them before, so I'll try them on the basis of this thread.

First impressions
VeloVoices: appalling technically, seems like they have a long table with a single mic at one end, and resulting volume levels all over the place. Undoubtedly fans, but no apparent expertise. I would be far better informed after half an hour of reading forums and articles than an hour of listening to this. Maybe a regular listener could build an interest in the different opinions and inclinations of the contributors as they get used to them.

Telegraph: Most recent edition is 9th December (how often do they usually publish?) More inside knowledge, slightly cheesy pals' banter at the beginning, but otherwise more professional and interesting, although I can imagine some finding it worthy but dull (pretty much brand identity for the Telegraph).

Bike Show: Seems to be far more about being a commuter/leisure cyclist far more than following Pro Racing, so not really for this subforum. Seems semi-discontinued: there is an archive of weekly posts until July 2014, but then just one in September, two in December and none yet this year.

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I dunno if Velo Voices is the same as Velocast

Velocast was decent back when it was free. good discussions about the protour as it was and plenty of sarcasm and implication which is necessary for cycling.

Cycling Podcast starts back on 29th Jan (its been off as there has been no road cycling !!!) ...and its not dull or telegraph branded

Top cycling journos Richard Moore ,Lionel Bernie & Daniel Friebe (along with guest appearances) have some of the best contacts in cycling and thus have great insights into riders, teams & races

Velocast's current pricing is £75 for all 2015 content or paying £8 a month.

The Cycling Podcast (aka Telegraph) seem to be aiming for a weekly (ish) show within and beyond the cycling season, though taking a full month off (mid Dec to late January) just as the season starts seemed a wee bit odd. I'd not have missed them in Nov/Dec when there wasn't a huge amount to talk about anyway.

inthepink said:
Cycling Podcast starts back on 29th Jan (its been off as there has been no road cycling !!!) ...and its not dull or telegraph branded

Top cycling journos Richard Moore ,Lionel Bernie & Daniel Friebe (along with guest appearances) have some of the best contacts in cycling and thus have great insights into riders, teams & races

It is called "The Telegraph Cycling Podcast": it is accessed on http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling: I'm not sure what you mean by saying it is not Telegraph branded.

TRENDING THREADS