• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I assume it's not forbidden to talk about this here :cool:

Do some of you play poker? Share your experiences and ideas please.

I started again to play cash games at 5NL for +-20 days. Now I'm on a profit. I want to move up but I'll have to make some more profit to do it in a responsible way (poker=variance).

l.Harm said:
I assume it's not forbidden to talk about this here :cool:

Do some of you play poker? Share your experiences and ideas please.

I started again to play cash games at 5NL for +-20 days. Now I'm on a profit. I want to move up but I'll have to make some more profit to do it in a responsible way (poker=variance).
I only play club live tournaments (something around 30 euros buyin). Don't like playing online and don't have enough bankroll to play serious tournaments :eek:

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I play with friends every now and again for fun or sometimes a little bit of money, enjoy it but not into playing for much money or online.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
You bet! Texas hold-um but I don't live in Texas ;)

Play with a select group and only those who get the invite are allowed to go, any outsiders are either allowed once if brought without notice by someone who stretches the rules and possibly both will not be re-invited if they don't pan out. Everyone drinks and heavy drinking is welcomed/allowed/promoted/an integral part, there's food of some type depending on the host as we move from location to location to not over welcome our stay at any one place as with the drinking it gets rowdy at times but nothing out of control (yet). We also have a few social and game rules which are made clear from the start to new comers. There's a black list of people who aren't allowed back :D no matter how much they beg. Mainly guys but some special girls are allowed at times as those girls are known to not only be super cool but fit in with the group perfectly. Convo is a big factor of the group, it varies all over the spectrum but always ends up pretty raunchy and that is mainly due to the girls ;) Money is usually reasonable but has gotten out of hand or should I say worth it. Players that have moved out of town and which come back to visit tend to get a game started or even force one to occur, so I guess they miss it.

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
You got me on this one! I've been playing poker for a few months now and just last night I lost 20 bucks. My favorite is by far Omaha. Most players start up with Texas Hold'em, so did I, but it just doesn't appeal to me. Not sure if I can say where I play but I'll do it - Pokerstars. I usually play freerolls and whenever I get the opportunity I get in a tournament. Occasionally playing cash games in a select club. I find poker an attractive matter, although it shouldn't be a main source of income imo. There's only a few of those who really make a living out of poker (e.g: Daniel Negreanu). He started out in 1995 in Toronto. Long story short - he was making money in Toronto, and was losing them in Vegas, until he won a tournament in Vegas and settled there. After that, he cashed in serious money and became famous. This year he won yet another tournament which got him quite a few bucks. I appreciate him for that, and I'm sure he's a model for many poker players.

TRENDING THREADS