• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Poll: Are you happy with the changes to Cyclingnews.com?

Are you happy with the changes to Cyclingnews.com?

• What changes? Have I missed anything?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
May 5, 2009
Visit site
Please choose the statement(s) that best describe your experience with the changes at Cyclingnews.com. The poll is set up to accept multiple answers.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Your wording of this poll is not meant to poke fun at the readers is it? I doubt anyone is sad and depressed or heartbroken over your redesign, perhaps they just think it sucks.

Also nice that if you come here without first logging in, you can see the poll results before you vote. Well done. Just like the site redesign.

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
Besides looking like crap, I think its much harder to navigate -- is there a way to see the headlines listed for more than a few days -- I find it to be MUCH slower than before (at least for those of us stuck with 26k dial up). I'm definitely going to try to find another site.

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
The old cyclingnews was a bit clunky, but fast. Now its prettier but at the expense of function. If you can keep the pretty but restore the function it will be perfect, the function being the most important, pretty only matters for looking at bike bling and riders.

My other annoyance is having to register a value for title, for me MR = Meaningless Rubbish so I never use it, or anything else. Why won't you accept blank?

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Grumpy

slowpoke said:
Besides looking like crap, I think its much harder to navigate -- is there a way to see the headlines listed for more than a few days -- I find it to be MUCH slower than before (at least for those of us stuck with 26k dial up). I'm definitely going to try to find another site.
I VOTE NO NO NO TO THE CHANGES, it was quite easy to navigate the old page, why change what is'nt broke!!! I agree that it has made a slow site extremely slow and I too will be looking for another site.
DONT CHANGE FOR CHANGE SAKE
AND YES I AM 'GRUMPY'

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
draining..

is what i think of the new site design..the old format was so much easier to get around, look at photos and results etc. It was not as flashy but for me, and it seems for alot of other cyclingnews veiwers, this simplicity was the strength of the old style site. I think you're going to loose alot of viewers if you don't somehow change it back to some of what it was before. Also the advertisements are way too big over the side of the page...were they that big before or is the extra revenue from the increased size part of this new "improved" design as well.
it's more artificial now..

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
less can be more

less vanity but more information wout be great. Why change what is good. -- I am currently designing a new website to promote my stock photo agency and I have to obey to the theese rules. Otherwise my clients would run away.

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
According to the stats listed on the poll, 136% of people don't like the changes??? If that's not enough to convince them to change the site back, then nothing is!

May 22, 2009
Visit site
I can't say that any of those choices fit the way I feel. I'm not bitter. I've got other things going on that affect me more. But if you're looking for an opinion about the new(and Improved) cyclingnews.com, I think that it sucks

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Seems to lack flow that worked so well for so very long.

Also, the photos used to advance when you clicked them, now the photos are hard enough to just find!

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Not Satisfied

The survay of likes and dislikes of the new site can best be illustrated by the fact that at 8.10 pm on sunday evening there is no results of the British National Road Champs (or the Spanish). this is just not up to the standard we have enjoyed in the past.
Since the take over by Pro Cycling, this once great information website has drastically gone downhill at a rate of knots Sean Kelly would have been proud of.
Come on cyclingnews.com get your act together and give us back our once superb service, as it is at the moment you are doing cycling a grave disservice.