• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Poll - Lance Indictment Countdown

When will Lance be Indicted?

• After Hell freezes over.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
It is coming soon. We have been patient for so very long.

Closely guarded secret for sure.

Now its time to belly up to the bar and PREDICT.

When will the indictment(s) be handed down?

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
It is coming soon. We have been patient for so very long.

Closely guarded secret for sure.

Now its time to belly up to the bar and PREDICT.

When will the indictment(s) be handed down?

The 14th.

hearts

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I hate to admit this, but I can't answer the poll because I have no idea when the Super Bowl takes place.

That said, it think an indictment has already been handed down under seal. When does Lance return to the US?

Cimacoppi49 said:
I hate to admit this, but I can't answer the poll because I have no idea when the Super Bowl takes place.

That said, it think an indictment has already been handed down under seal. When does Lance return to the US?

If this occurs, it is an opportunity for the allegations never to see the light of day for Team Pharmstrong. I would think that Pharmstrong himself would need to be stateside for this to get the full effect of the sealed indictment. Cooperation in the investigation and a deal down to lesser charges looks like a best-case scenario for Wonderboy.

Martha Stewart fought the SEC all the way to the verdict. Let's hope Pharmstrong and his team has that kind of hubris. It also depends on the lead prosecutor and how much they are inclined to deal.

This comment is, based on my very limited understanding of the functions of a sealed indictment. Please jump in if I'm wrong.

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
He won't get indicted - not in America anyway. Like Roger Clemens, his tan isn't dark enough. Mark my words, he'll be allowed to quietly fade into anonymity...

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
If this occurs, it is an opportunity for the allegations never to see the light of day for Team Pharmstrong. I would think that Pharmstrong himself would need to be stateside for this to get the full effect of the sealed indictment. Cooperation in the investigation and a deal down to lesser charges looks like a best-case scenario for Wonderboy.

Martha Stewart fought the SEC all the way to the verdict. Let's hope Pharmstrong and his team has that kind of hubris. It also depends on the lead prosecutor and how much they are inclined to deal.

This comment is, based on my very limited understanding of the functions of a sealed indictment. Please jump in if I'm wrong.

Martha's complexion looked better in the orange jumpsuit than Lance. Perhaps he'd think about cooperating to minimize his exposure to Club Fed. Oedipus Tex wouldn't fare to well him bein' shaved and all.

crazy thought

FYI I'm not 'pro lance' but why is it that we force a man who is playing within the rules set by the culture of the sport to have to cover up and lie to the point of being called a sociopath? The problem isn't Lance he's just an easy target because he has been so successful at doing something that (I suspect) is widely accepted within the culture of cycling. The problem seems to me that this very same culture/family of cyclists fail to protect their own when the **** hits the fan. I think Floyd is a great example of this. Let's assume that the UCI is the Godfather. Floyd gets nailed for testosterone at the tour and loses his ride. If he had been taken care of a bit by the UCI to help him get back on his feet and into the sport in some capacity then this entire investigation would never have happened.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Wonderboy's tactics are always the same

Tell the same lie over and over
Spin, Spin, Spin
Use political connections to lobby for clemency (Eric Holder is a hater)
Delay as long as possible, running up legal bills for both sides
Settle at the last minute
Claim "Victory"

Expect a steady stream of delay tactics followed by eventual capitulation.

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
No one forced Lance to lie. You live by the sword... He knew the risk he took when he first decided to follow "Omerta" and every breath he exhales and tells the same story inflates the balloon fuller. Eventually it will pop. The haters are more one-sided than the yellow bracelet clan and are hypocrites unless they hate Merckxx and every other rider who's ever doped. Lance didn't invent doping. He's probably the Richard Nixon of cycling--the worst thing Nixon did wasn't the break-in at Watergate by his staff, it was lying about it and trying to cover it up that did him in. So is the same for Lance. But, like Nixon, Lance will escape being indicted or convicted--you heard it here first. No way they're going to be able to get him and Novitsky is too smart to indict someone he can't convict. They'll claim it's not about Lance; and that's probably right...

King Of Molehill said:
FYI I'm not 'pro lance' but...
You lead with a denial then fabricate junk just to make Team Pharmstrong's doping operations seem acceptable. Not 'pro lance' at all.

King Of Molehill said:
The problem isn't Lance he's just an easy target because he has been so successful...

Don't hate the playa. Hate the game! That Madoff guy was successful. But Madoff was an easy target because he was successful. The fact felonies were committed is unimportant at your level of pretending.

Do they give you some bullet points to make your own before you start trolling? I swear I see a slightly different version of your kind of pretending every few days. Is this what a struggling freelance writer is paid to do to keep the heat on until more desirable work comes?

Bzzt... Wrong

jae2460 said:
The haters are more one-sided than the yellow bracelet clan and are hypocrites unless they hate Merckxx and every other rider who's ever doped.

Start slowly with the notion that there is such thing as discussion that actually informs. Keep in mind that opposing sides of an argument can both be right. Shocking, right? But it's true!

Your reduction of the discussion to two ridiculous extremes contributes nothing.

TRENDING THREADS