• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Poll - Lance Indictment Countdown

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

When will Lance be Indicted?

• After Hell freezes over.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Groundhog Day seems appropriate.

"According to folklore, if it is cloudy when a groundhog emerges from its burrow on this day, it will leave the burrow, signifying that winter will soon end. If on the other hand, it is sunny, the groundhog will supposedly "see its shadow" and retreat back into its burrow, and winter will continue for six more weeks."

i.e. February 2nd or 6 weeks later... the week of March 7th.

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If he is indicted, I think it will be before the Superbowl. I think they will wanna get it rolling fast now. Especially with the Contador decision coming down tomorrow.

But I still say "if he is indicted". The dude is teflon.

cheers

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:

Thank you !

Nice picture gallery !

610x.jpg

340x.jpg

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Michael Brown said:
If he is indicted, I think it will be before the Superbowl. I think they will wanna get it rolling fast now. Especially with the Contador decision coming down tomorrow.

But I still say "if he is indicted". The dude is teflon.

cheers

contador one year ban see ya in the Vuelta Berto good on ya!

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
If this occurs, it is an opportunity for the allegations never to see the light of day for Team Pharmstrong. I would think that Pharmstrong himself would need to be stateside for this to get the full effect of the sealed indictment. Cooperation in the investigation and a deal down to lesser charges looks like a best-case scenario for Wonderboy.

Martha Stewart fought the SEC all the way to the verdict. Let's hope Pharmstrong and his team has that kind of hubris. It also depends on the lead prosecutor and how much they are inclined to deal.

This comment is, based on my very limited understanding of the functions of a sealed indictment. Please jump in if I'm wrong.
Indictments are often sealed, particularly when there are multiple defendants. The idea is to arrest all of them at one time and not let any of them know the charges until they are all in custody.

DirtyWorks said:
You lead with a denial then fabricate junk just to make Team Pharmstrong's doping operations seem acceptable.

Not acceptable but understandable given the culture of the sport. I'm basing my opinion under the assumption that doping has been an integral part of professional cycling from day 1 and I would suggest that if anyone thinks otherwise they are being naive.

I'm all for catching the crooks and if it can be proven that Lance is a doper and a pusher then he should be punished just like the rest but when everyone is involved one way or another I would like to see all the hatred and energy spent on Lance spread around a bit more so that the corruption from top to bottom might be unveiled so any remaining naivete can be quashed once and for all and we can all move on. Maybe this investigation will go some way to doing that but it's not all about Lance. He's not a kingpin that when taken down will suddenly clean up the neighborhood.

Do they give you some bullet points to make your own before you start trolling? I swear I see a slightly different version of your kind of pretending every few days. Is this what a struggling freelance writer is paid to do to keep the heat on until more desirable work comes?

Actually they give me free protein bars and a subscription to Outdoor magazine.

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If no indictments are forthcoming, will anyone believe Lance didn't dope? If he is indicted but not convicted, will anyone believe he didn't dope? Lance will be a very hard target to convict - he is rich, has a seasoned legal team, and has exceptional political relationships. If you were on that jury, how hard would you try to be the first to write a book? The trial would be bigger than OJ's or Madoff's. I hope it comes to pass - I need the drama.

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Madoff never had a trial. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced.

I am not sure that any failure on the part of the Feds to indict LA can be interpreted as a statement he hasn't doped. I am not sure exactly what the Feds are investigating but I doubt they have the jurisdiction to examine his entire career (much of which was in Europe) for evidence of doping.