• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pop-up auto-play videos on EVERY page

Dec 12, 2018
Visit site
I would ask "Whose terrible idea was this?" but it is apparently the new approach on all of the Future websites. It is incredibly annoying to have a random video launch every time you scroll down any page. Please re-consider this ridiculous decision.

Jul 4, 2021
Visit site
Created an account just so I could post this. It’s bad enough videos auto play on every page. It’s even more moronic when it shows me clips from 2017 TDF coverage. Absolute trash.

For some reason, the custom filer list I posted above no longer blocks the intrusive pop-ups. Now, when logged into the website with your account, at least for me, the pop-ups do not appear. Log out again, and they reappear. I'm using the Brave web browser.

May 29, 2023
Visit site
I'm also more than annoyed by the incessant popups and intrusive ads. I paid a fair subscription fee to join and all it seems to have gotten me is a chance to be bombarded by ads.

TRENDING THREADS