• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Popovych testifies

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
It is a total BS story. The guy who wrote it, Littman, has been after Novtizy for a decade. Using him as a source would be as absurd as letting Blutto write a story about LeMond

The article is clearly sensationalized to be slanted against the feds. A more objective description is that Popo was avoiding being served the subpoena - and made the mistake of daring the agents to be able to actually do so.

He told him to get out of the car, handed him a subpoena, and said he had to appear before the Lance Armstrong grand jury in Los Angeles on November 3rd.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathan-littman/lance-armstrong-ambush-fe_b_778654.html

It's doubtful the agents would have brought up Lance's name in this context, this was added by the source(s) or the journalist - which makes the story sound even less credible.

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Not being a US citizen and not living in the US they must have known his testimony would be useless. Why should he bite the hand that feeds him when after he leaves the US they can't touch him?

Must have had something to do with getting inside Armstrong's head.

MadonePro

BANNED
Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Just to be clear.

If after this investigation, there are no charges to answer for, are we then to assume that the riders for USPS have nothing to answer for, and by association, if the Feds, the US govt, WADA, UCI, ASO, LeEquipe et all haven't found anything, then Lance and other riders, will finally be acknowledged as clean?

Or will they, as I suspect, continue to be plagued by those who love to find the negativity in everything in life!

MadonePro said:
Just to be clear.

If after this investigation, there are no charges to answer for, are we then to assume that the riders for USPS have nothing to answer for, and by association, if the Feds, the US govt, WADA, UCI, ASO, LeEquipe et all haven't found anything, then Lance and other riders, will finally be acknowledged as clean?

Or will they, as I suspect, continue to be plagued by those who love to find the negativity in everything in life!

Regardless of a successful prosecution, or not, there is about as much chance of Armstrong's detractors changing their opinions, as there is Armstrong's supporters accepting his guilt.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
MadonePro said:
Just to be clear.

So the back dated TUE means nothing?

The EPO found in his samples tested in 2005 mean nothing?

The bullying of a rider who talked about doping in the peloton menas nothing?

The bullying of a rider who testified against his EPO doctor means nothing?

The fact that he used Ferarri to administer his EPO program means nothing?

5 things that prove to me that he never won a TdF clean

MadonePro said:
Just to be clear.

How could you acknowledge someone as clean when they have failed between six and eight tests, and had a dodgy blood profile?

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

Ah I see. These must be the 5 sentences you are praying in your RAM every day. 3 times a day, real fanboyish ?
See, others are praying ave Maria or the prayer chains.
You and other big "fans" seem to have your own Lance Armschtrong prayer-chains(tm). Its ok for me. Everyone should have his own god.
Where can I get one of these ? You built them yourself ?
This could be a market gap. Just sayin.

So, why thousands of post where you are saying the same in regular cycles ?
Are you on a kind of badwill-mission here ?
Really, we don't have to be part of this. I could imagine you mean it nice, but no, we don't have to be part of your prayers.
I think, when I visit this forum in 20 years you will still be here praying down your usual sentences and Lance still holds his record officially.
What about some modular blocks that you can add here automaticaly ? Or put it in your signature like others handle it.
Then you wouldn't waste so much time. You could use this saved up time for breathing some fresh air and to empty your RAM by walking against some walls or parked cars or something.

Are you never bored ?
For a fanboy like me it's hard to understand, hard to accept and hard to convey, that people like you spend more time and energy in our Lanceness than most of the biggest fanboys.

Now I'll have a nice ride in fresh air - of course, for celebration of the day, wearing my USPS-kit and praying to Lance with every single pedal stroke.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmh.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
How could you acknowledge someone as clean when they have failed between six and eight tests, and had a dodgy blood profile?

High VO2 #s freak of nature ultra hard training, lazerlike focus training and peaking excellent diet, thats Lance nothing out of the ordinary for my super guy. Plus hatred by the French dope testers.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:

Just try winning the Nevada City Classic in a solo breakaway against Americas best! Lance won that clean also!

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

You can add his funny blood values of 2009 season or his hematocrit level during his TDF, and the lies or blurred explanation about his transformation.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Ah I see. These must be the 5 sentences you are praying in your RAM every day. 3 times a day, real fanboyish ?
See, others are praying ave Maria or the prayer chains.
You and other big "fans" seem to have your own Lance Armschtrong prayer-chains(tm). Its ok for me. Everyone should have his own god.
Where can I get one of these ? You built them yourself ?
This could be a market gap. Just sayin.

So, why thousands of post where you are saying the same in regular cycles ?
Are you on a kind of badwill-mission here ?
Really, we don't have to be part of this. I could imagine you mean it nice, but no, we don't have to be part of your prayers.
I think, when I visit this forum in 20 years you will still be here praying down your usual sentences and Lance still holds his record officially.
What about some modular blocks that you can add here automaticaly ? Or put it in your signature like others handle it.
Then you wouldn't waste so much time. You could use this saved up time for breathing some fresh air and to empty your RAM by walking against some walls or parked cars or something.

Are you never bored ?
For a fanboy like me it's hard to understand, hard to accept and hard to convey, that people like you spend more time and energy in our Lanceness than most of the biggest fanboys.

Now I'll have a nice ride in fresh air - of course, for celebration of the day, wearing my USPS-kit and praying to Lance with every single pedal stroke.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmh.

what a moronic waste of the bandwwidth.

Benotti69 said:

poupou said:
You can add his funny blood values of 2009 season or his hematocrit level during his TDF, and the lies or blurred explanation about his transformation.

and perhaps the TdS and the gift or gifts to the UCI for purely altruistic/philanthropic reasons + the out of character and rushed trip to Laussane.

+ he couldn't think of anyone but his "close friends," i.e. announcers and officials as investment buddies?

if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck? it just might be a duck...

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Pseudologia fantastica may also present as False Memory Syndrome, where the sufferer genuinely believes that fictitious events have taken place, regardless that these events are fantasies.

Such as, hypothetically, winning seven tours "clean?" At this point he may actually believe it?

Gotta say Tubuler that about fits in with his pathological profile to a T, though I suspect he congnitivly knows exactly what he`s done the "squaring of the circle" that blocks the guilty consiounce from finding expression is that the fealings that none psychotic persons would expect to feal are absent.
Cognitivly he mayt allso be utterly without remorse as cycling has never been anything other than a "game" under which ( he believes) doping is a legitimit aspect as he always believed it was part of the game. Much the way anyone entering WWF wrestling might view it.
Had he not shown a degree of talent in cyce sport I`d wager Trialthlon would now be deeply mired in the crap he has brought to the sport.
He`s no dimwit, high functioning psychotics arnt stupid.
Though they do think evereyone else is.:rolleyes:

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
MadonePro said:
Just to be clear.

Since we are playing 'what if'

If after this investigation, there are charges to answer for, are we then to assume that the riders for USPS have admitted by answering, and by association, if the Feds, the US govt, WADA, UCI, ASO, LeEquipe et all have found out everything, then Lance and other riders, will finally be acknowledged as cheaters?

Or will they, as I suspect, continue to be plagued by those who love to find the positive in everything in life!

just had to :D

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
This is how is begins to fall apart for Armstrong. Novitsky has friends in far-away places, it seems. Tying it together with the Petacchi investigation, it seems.

Escarabajo said:
They found some things. Here is the cycling news article.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/italian-police-search-popovychs-home-in-tuscany

If the police find illegal substances what would be his excuse?

It only says "substances," not illegal substances:

Gazzetta dello Sport report that some substances were taken away from Popovych's home and are currently being studied by police.

Could be a case of un-labelled pills, like with Ricco (I think it was Ricco, anyway).

But whatever the case, who says the off season is boring? ;)

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Computer and mobile phone seized. I think this would mean that they are trying either to link him to someone else, or to find out where he got his doping from and who else was in on it. Perhaps it is part of the investigation in the US and that it was done at the request of the US authorities. And even if it isn't it could seriously throw some suspicion on the testimony of Popo, especially if that testimony consisted of him saying he never doped, nor did he see any doping

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
Computer and mobile phone seized. I think this would mean that they are trying either to link him to someone else, or to find out where he got his doping from and who else was in on it. Perhaps it is part of the investigation in the US and that it was done at the request of the US authorities. And even if it isn't it could seriously throw some suspicion on the testimony of Popo, especially if that testimony consisted of him saying he never doped, nor did he see any doping

OR, it could be supportive information that there is nothing to be found. Let's stay tuned instead of jumping to conclusions. Some investigators feast on this attention.

TRENDING THREADS