• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Popovych testifies

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
scribe said:
OR, it could be supportive information that there is nothing to be found. Let's stay tuned instead of jumping to conclusions. Some investigators feast on this attention.

I don't know, there must at least be something to warrant the warrant, especially if it include such items as telephones and computers. There must be some link, such a warrant is not given on the basis of nothing. Now I do get your drift, but as I am of the opinion that most if not all pro riders (pro-athletes in general actually) dope, I think that there is a good chance that something is found. Also I am just brainstorming due to the fact that certain sources say that it could be due to GJ testimony

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
scribe said:
OR, it could be supportive information that there is nothing to be found. Let's stay tuned instead of jumping to conclusions. Some investigators feast on this attention.

Yo know the saying "theres no smoke without fire"?

Just how big would a fire have to be before you saw beyond the smoke?:rolleyes:

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:
Yo know the saying "theres no smoke without fire"?

Just how big would a fire have to be before you saw beyond the smoke?:rolleyes:

Italian investigations usually have a dramatized appearance.

Unless, of course, you're suggesting I think the bigger picture of cycling is that they all race without illegal assistance. If so, let's try not to oversimplify this discussion.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
scribe said:
Italian investigations usually have a dramatized appearance.

QUOTE]

:D Why do peeps insist on geting there ideas of European stereotypes as being in any way accurite?

I once sat through "Hostel II" ..the horrer/ slash gore movie ..peeping between my fingers at some scenes.:eek:
Then I watched directors commentry and watched it again laughing my head off!... Why?...cus the films a comment about the ill informed attitude of many Americans towards Eastern European values.
We have the same crap over here ....theres Brits think every yank is a redneck gun carying Bush supporter .
Quite clearly they aint.:rolleyes:

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
A Witch! A Witch!

It appears the WITCH HUNT has gone Global.
What next, they will be targeting extraterrestials?

And if the they DO find something, anything, - it only means imo that it was planted while Popo was in the USA raising money for Survivors.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:
:D Why do peeps insist on geting there ideas of European stereotypes as being in any way accurite?

I once sat through "Hostel II" ..the horrer/ slash gore movie ..peeping between my fingers at some scenes.:eek:
Then I watched directors commentry and watched it again laughing my head off!... Why?...cus the films a comment about the ill informed attitude of many Americans towards Eastern European values.
We have the same crap over here ....theres Brits think every yank is a redneck gun carying Bush supporter .
Quite clearly they aint.:rolleyes:

That movie was completely inaccurate and the director is really one of the worst directors out there. It was just a ****ty slash and gore movie

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
He can't possibly have any illegal substances at home, right? During the off-season, in the middle of an investigation? He could get off due to being mentally impaired.

Now his computer and phone might be more interesting.

Was he home from America?.

Its quite possible stuff found is incriminating as he may well have a) considered his home out of reach to the FEDs ..b) its not inconceavable that he came clean when supened and the search was folowing up what he`d told them.
Agree completly re computer and phones. I`ve always felt digitaly stored info is gona be the key to pandora`s box.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:

Its quite possible stuff found is incriminating as he may well have a) considered his home out of reach to the FEDs ..b) its not inconceavable that he came clean when supened and the search was folowing up what he`d told them.
Agree completly re computer and phones. I`ve always felt digitaly stored info is gona be the key to pandora`s box.

Safe from the Feds? With the track record of the Italian Police raiding Pro Cyclist habitats, Popo would be better off keeping his stash in Texas lol.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Barrus said:
That movie was completely inaccurate and the director is really one of the worst directors out there. It was just a ****ty slash and gore movie

Who said it was accurite?...it was an exageration..films tend to do that..its called dramatic effect.
"I`d file under "Entertaining Tosh"...with a lighthearted methaphore for those who wish to accept the directors comments.

Citizane Kain it isnt.;)

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
Safe from the Feds? With the track record of the Italian Police raiding Pro Cyclist habitats, Popo would be better off keeping his stash in Texas lol.

Now, I need to agree with you on that :p

But anyway, considering the fact that most people don't delete their items completely it is quite possible that if he had anything on his pc, deleted it like a regular item, the Italians could find something on his pc.

@ Darryl, it is not even entertaining, Eli Roth is probably the worst writer and director around, perhaps only surpassed by recent M. Night movies.

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:

Its quite possible stuff found is incriminating as he may well have a) considered his home out of reach to the FEDs ..b) its not inconceavable that he came clean when supened and the search was folowing up what he`d told them. Agree completly re computer and phones. I`ve always felt digitaly stored info is gona be the key to pandora`s box.

According to his lawyer he didn't tell them sh!t

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Barrus said:

But anyway, considering the fact that most people don't delete their items completely it is quite possible that if he had anything on his pc, deleted it like a regular item, the Italians could find something on his pc.

Forensic exemination of hard drives means complete " removal" of "removed" information is far more difficult than many imagine. You realy have to know what your doing to remove all trace.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:

@ Darryl, it is not even entertaining, Eli Roth is probably the worst writer and director around, perhaps only surpassed by recent M. Night movies.

The only way to delete your stuff completely is to burn the computer. Even then, there are various traces that can be found remotely.

ergo: don't use your computer to do your bidness. Cyclists know this, investigators know they know this. But it looks sexy to mention it on the news.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Altitude said:
According to his lawyer he didn't tell them sh!t

Do you realy think his lawyer is gonna tell if hed spilled a few beans?

My guess..based on having experianced a couple of years in the pro game is that virtualy nothing can be accepted at face value and that fans of Armstrong within the peloton are very few and far between.
Dont appear that way does it?...because the truth is rarely spoken.
For a myriad of differant motives..some personal, some business, some self serving, some for the benifit of the sport I`d say there are many, many knives being sharpened right now ready to finish the Texan off.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
scribe said:
The only way to delete your stuff completely is to burn the computer. Even then, there are various traces that can be found remotely.

ergo: don't use your computer to do your bidness. Cyclists know this, investigators know they know this. But it looks sexy to mention it on the news.

That most of us "know" this doesnt stop the use of such items.
With almost all communication being digital I cant realy see how total avoidence of computers and phones is plausable.
Any one notice any Carrier Pigeon baskets in Pharmstrong team wagons?:D

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Barrus said:

Each to there own eh Barrus.;)
Im that odd kinda film fan/ buff ( studied em at evening class`s) that even enjoys some unworthy dross.:D

Gotta agree re M.Night`s recent stuff..dreadfull.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:
Each to there own eh Barrus.;)
Im that odd kinda film fan/ buff ( studied em at evening class`s) that even enjoys some unworthy dross.:D

Gotta agree re M.Night`s recent stuff..dreadfull.

I enjoy worthless dross, Hell, one of my favourite movies of the last 10 years is Freddy got fingered, one of the movies that had me laughing the most

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
scribe said:

Wouldn't put my money on the intelligence of the average cyclist.

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:
Do you realy think his lawyer is gonna tell if hed spilled a few beans?

My guess..based on having experianced a couple of years in the pro game is that virtualy nothing can be accepted at face value and that fans of Armstrong within the peloton are very few and far between.
Dont appear that way does it?...because the truth is rarely spoken.
For a myriad of differant motives..some personal, some business, some self serving, some for the benifit of the sport I`d say there are many, many knives being sharpened right now ready to finish the Texan off.

Don't know. But Popovych doesn't strike me as the rat type.

There's a world of a difference between what the average computer-savvy person knows and what the average person knows. It's entirely possible a cyclist wouldn't really know much about how digital information is stored. They don't get their computers taken by the police often, it's not like they're necessarily trained to deal with the situation. That's the bad thing about engaging in illegal activities without being a pro.

TRENDING THREADS