• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Positive Pool

At the remote chance that another rider tests ‘non-negative,’ I thought it would be fun to have a ‘Positive Pool’.

One guess per account.

Once that ride is selected he/she is off the board.

Let’s see who among us has the clairvoyant L’equipe skill of nabbing the next nefarious character before they test positive.

Good Luck and Good Hunting,
Joe

Wildspoke - Kenny van Hummel (Skil-Shimano)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Wildspoke...Are you saying that van Hummel is the next nefarious character? Because he has won some sprints? Note he couldn't stay with the lead group of 30 in GW...dropped like a rock. I think his improvement is due to finally recovering from his surgery and a new power training program. I have to say (at least in this case) you might be off your rocker. If I am wrong I will absolutely quit being a cycling fan...I say this because I am a fan of van Hummel since he was a young boy in Elden. I am close to the family and it would absolutely kill me if he was a non-negative. So on that note I must say I hope you are as wrong as can be.

A

Anonymous

Though someone in the thread about the passport said this. I think Chris Horner. It does two things, pays back Horner for all of the junk he talked about Armstrong in the past, and will allow The Hog to throw the book at him and disavow his dirtiness thereby providing legitimacy to Astana being serious about being a clean team.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I would of preferred to have it called the "Non-Negative Pool" :D

My guess: Greg Lemond, why? Lance is currently digging up samples from the French land fill and re-testing them and damn if he isn't going to come up positive one way or another. Long live the Omerta! :rolleyes:

Hey, its called a guessing game and that's the super long shot! I couldn't resist :)

May 1, 2009
Visit site
Contador for sure.

Lance would have already rung up the UCI, sent a cheque through and said "you can release those positives now, I'm feelin good for the TdF".

A

Anonymous

positive pool....?
negative thread.. ;)

i reckon roadrunner.. have you seen that bird go.. :eek:

TRDean said:
Wildspoke...Are you saying that van Hummel is the next nefarious character? Because he has won some sprints? Note he couldn't stay with the lead group of 30 in GW...dropped like a rock. I think his improvement is due to finally recovering from his surgery and a new power training program. I have to say (at least in this case) you might be off your rocker. If I am wrong I will absolutely quit being a cycling fan...I say this because I am a fan of van Hummel since he was a young boy in Elden. I am close to the family and it would absolutely kill me if he was a non-negative. So on that note I must say I hope you are as wrong as can be.

Honestly, my hope is that no rider tests positive, but I have been disappointed way too many times.

My point in choosing Hummel (I just randomly selected him) was that I no longer know who will be next.

I'm sure the fans of Landis, Rebellin, Pettachi, Boonen, Kohl, Basso, Millar, Hamilton, Heras, Schumacher, Rassmussen, Ricco, Jeanson, Riis, Aldag, Zabel, Colom,Pfannberger, Kessler, Sinkewitz, Moreni, Mayo, Seville, Brochard, Moreau,Virenque, Vinoukourov, Pantani, Botero, Mancebo, etc felt the same way.

I hope I am wrong as well.
Joe

WildspokeJoe said:
At the remote chance that another rider tests ‘non-negative,’ I thought it would be fun to have a ‘Positive Pool’.

One guess per account.

Once that ride is selected he/she is off the board.

Let’s see who among us has the clairvoyant L’equipe skill of nabbing the next nefarious character before they test positive.

Good Luck and Good Hunting,
Joe

Wildspoke - Kenny van Hummel (Skil-Shimano)
How do we know that there are not some people in this forum with some inside information?

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Though someone in the thread about the passport said this. I think Chris Horner. It does two things, pays back Horner for all of the junk he talked about Armstrong in the past, and will allow The Hog to throw the book at him and disavow his dirtiness thereby providing legitimacy to Astana being serious about being a clean team.

Um, Chris rides for Astana. Did you know that? And in what possible scenario does Bruyneel gain from having Horner test out positive? Sorry but that is either failed sarcasm or just poo-poo logic.

I'm going with Cadel because I want to see him whine about being innocent.:eek:

A

Anonymous

Snake8 said:
Um, Chris rides for Astana. Did you know that? And in what possible scenario does Bruyneel gain from having Horner test out positive? Sorry but that is either failed sarcasm or just poo-poo logic.

I'm going with Cadel because I want to see him whine about being innocent.:eek:

You have much to learn about Mr Armstrong and The Hog grasshopper....that and you need some help with reading comprehension.......wow. Hey, I'll bet you ride a Trek, don't you?

Bala Verde said:
I hope not for he sure made this year's (and previous) giro exciting, but here goes...

di Luca. :(
Agreed.

My guess is somebody from the top ten in the Giro last year: Alberto Contador, Marzio Bruseghin, Franco Pellizotti, Denis Menchov, Jurgen Van Den Broeck, Danilo Di Luca, Domenico Pozzovivo, Gilberto Simoni .

I guess I gave way too many choices.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Di Luca's team is not on the passport is it? I thought of him too but chose Pellizotti because he is part of the passport.

LPR is part of the passport. Di Luca made a big deal about him not being allowed to race in the Ardennes. I'll try to find a link.
One of the Lampre boys. Cunego is rocking the boat.
Bruseghin's samples from last year's Giro?

May 17, 2009
Visit site
I think the odds of any of Bruneels boys testing positive is low, he seems to have the avoidance thing down pretty well.

My bet for this years TdF post testing positive and subsequent media storm is........... Cancellara.

TRENDING THREADS