• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Positive Pool

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Wildspoke...I'm sure the fans of those riders were upset...however for me it goes a little deeper...we are dear friends of the family and it would tear us up if van Hummel tested positive or non negative. You don't have insider info do you?

I really don't like the negativity of this post, but there was one rider who I thought came out this season and really made superhuman advances in his riding and results...he also held his peak for a very long time...Hausler. That being said, I really like the guy and I sincerely hope that I would be wrong.

I guess I contradict myself by saying I don't like this thread, but then participating...alas life is a contradiction.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Jasper..I totally agree...and that is why I hate this thread. van Hummel has always been a very good sprinter. Last year he finally had surgery on an artery in his leg that was basically making him a one legged rider. Now after a year of mediocre results and a good offseason...he starts to see the podium for about a month...then he goes on a tear and gets 5 wins!! Sounds like a natural progression to me. Also, I think a lot of winning (especially in bike racing) is mental. Win one time and the mids says "hey I should be up front doing this more...I am capable". Hence stringing wins together...at least this is how I feel about pure sprinters.

I should never have put Hausler on this thread... I really like the way he races, and it was wrong of me to do.

Apr 3, 2009
www.dj-vega.net
TRDean said:
Jasper..I totally agree...and that is why I hate this thread. van Hummel has always been a very good sprinter. Last year he finally had surgery on an artery in his leg that was basically making him a one legged rider. Now after a year of mediocre results and a good offseason...he starts to see the podium for about a month...then he goes on a tear and gets 5 wins!! Sounds like a natural progression to me. Also, I think a lot of winning (especially in bike racing) is mental. Win one time and the mids says "hey I should be up front doing this more...I am capable". Hence stringing wins together...at least this is how I feel about pure sprinters.

I should never have put Hausler on this thread... I really like the way he races, and it was wrong of me to do.
Guess you missed the sarcasm in my post :p

Agreed on Van Hummel though, he's always been a decent sprinter that gradually got better and better, and now seems ready to make it to the top. Same thing for Gesink, he's gradually maturing and developing the skills he already had during the youth categories, no spectacular improvements in areas he used to be bad before, for instance.

Haussler however, made such a stellar improvement that it seems almost impossible, and surely not only accountable to something as simple as losing a few pounds. It's not only the incredible increase in performance, but also the fact that he managed to maintain such extraordinary form for so damn long. It can't be just losing weight, or a mere boost of confidence. Remember he comes from Gerolsteiner as well...

Mar 10, 2009
www.rolfraehansen.com
BroDeal said:
Bingo. The UCI has a history of warning riders, hoping they will change their methods before they get busted. Who else is a shadow of their former self?

Ballan also. I did think these two had been warned about their passport results and hence had alleged injuries and viruses. The UCI has a vested interest in warning them covertly as it wouldn't look good to have an Olympic champ and a World champ getting caught out publicly. Just my suspicious mind at work.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
sheltowee is what the indians named Daniel Boone. Big Turtle...great name for a great explorer. I'm sure you know that...not trying to be a smart azz.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
analo69 said:
Robert Gesink.

After the Rasmussen affair i don't really trust Rabobak and Gesink was awfully fast yesterday(like the whole team)

gesink always had a good itt. even was dutch itt champ with the juniores and got a top-10 result in the olympics and the worlds last year.

in rabo, the performance of moerenhout yesterday and in the tour of belgium should raise more suspicion.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
TRDean said:
sheltowee is what the indians named Daniel Boone. Big Turtle...great name for a great explorer. I'm sure you know that...not trying to be a smart azz.

I mountain bike and run on the Sheltowee Trace which runs the length of the Daniel Boone National Forest from Northern TN through the mountains of East KY to Southern OH. The trail is emblazoned with the sign of the turtle.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
Bingo. The UCI has a history of warning riders, hoping they will change their methods before they get busted. Who else is a shadow of their former self?

Dang dude, why not throw me a lottery number in a PM? Come on, help a brotha' out....

TRENDING THREADS