• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Power Data Estimates for the climbing stages

Page 97 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
It's the next stage. MTT.

ok.

if it is a MTT, then they would have been riding much fresher unlike today's stage where they have already ridden an HC climb.

I still think today's nibbles performance is suspicious.

worst thing is tht we will never know, esp after the new UCI policy of silently publishing the list of offenders in a small corner in web

red_flanders said:
Do we know what specifically accounts for the different distances and gradients? Difficult comparison otherwise.

because the organizers can't choose only one finish:eek:. the start from where i time is always the same>>after the bridge which comes after the round crossroad d902a-d86
last year it was a different start.
anyway i don't think vincenzo did more than 6.2-6.3 w/kg.

6.12 watts/kg by VAM, for 33 min. vs. 5.84 yesterday for 50 mins. At least we can say the two performances are very consistent with each other. Whatever suspicion level you want to attach, pretty much equal. Unless wind, other weather conditions were drastically different on the two climbs.

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
According https://twitter.com/chronoswatts/status/490463330998685696/photo/1
4 different finish lines :

Bs55zMtIUAAvtET.jpg

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Merckx index said:
He's listed in wiki as 67 kg. If that is correct, we have a massive discrepancy with VAM, about 5.6 watts/kg vs. 6.1. Suggests a strong tailwind.

There was a light tailwind, 3 mph n/nw, which is normal for that area. Morning is a headwind but shifts to NW in afternoon......also those powermeters suck.

Speaking of powermeters sucking how is it SKY uses Stages? I have heard nothing good about those things

Race Radio said:
There was a light tailwind, 3 mph n/nw, which is normal for that area. Morning is a headwind but shifts to NW in afternoon......also those powermeters suck.

Speaking of powermeters sucking how is it SKY uses Stages? I have heard nothing good about those things

FYI Stages is not a bad PM. I have been using PowerTap for about 8 years and just got a Stages on an Ultegra 6800 crank arm for one of my road bikes a month ago. It is solid and reads consistently though not quite as accurate or as responsive as PowerTap. Mainly, I find the Stages to read a little bit low at effort levels zone 3 (tempo aerobic) and below, but for everything above high zone 3 it is pretty darn accurate. So given the light weight and ability to use whatever wheels you want, I am happy with it.

TRENDING THREADS