• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Predict the yellow jersey progression

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
deValtos said:
Surely Dennis holds onto yellow up the mur ? He's the strongest climber out of the first 8 riders, Kelderman being 9th but also 30 seconds back.
Think Cancellara can take it on the Mur, he can top 5 if he puts his mind to it.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Ramon Koran said:
SeriousSam said:
Cancellara top 5, que?
He's very good on short steep climbs (Tour of Flanders, Classica Bianche), no reason for him not to perform on the Mur.

Mur de Huy is a different ball game, expect real climbers to excel on it. Not a place for Fabian

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
Didn't Dennis do pretty well on a short, sharp hill earlier this year or does my memory fail me? Not as hard as Mur de Huy, but I seem to recall that he did surprisingly well.

Stage 3 form TDU this year. Dennis won stage 3 that finished with a 1.6k climb at 8.75 %.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcghCEo_vyQ

He came 2nd behind Porte on Willunga.

He is not an excellent climber, but a decent one.

Question is how he will handle the really steep parts on Huy.

I'm certain he wont lose too much time. Actually think he will continue be in yellow after stage 3.

Re: Re:

tomorrow said:
Punkan said:
So Canc or Dumoulin in yellow after Huy. Sagan? Just too many seconds behind, +33 to Canc.
tough choice for fabian, try to hold the yellow or save power for cobbles to get it back. trying to hold it might result in no getting it back.
Not really a dilemma imo. Fabian could go full gas today on Huy (and save himself a top 25) and still go full gas on the cobbled stage. If the cobbles are dry, it will be a question of sheer power, and in that case there's nobody stronger than Fabian in the entire world.
Dumoulin will take yellow today, and lose it tomorrow, the way I see it. Sagan is too far behind and I'm not even sure TCS would like a MJ to "defend" this early.

TRENDING THREADS