• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Predictions for 2010

This is the thread to make any prediction on any pro road racing topic for the 2010.

I shall begin:

Daniele Bennati will have a Petachi-like run this year and emerge as one of the best sprinters in the world if he finally stays healthy.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Contador will win the Tour de France.

There, I said it.

/more seriously: Boonen will win the first 3 monuments. Valverde will not get a world wide ban. Ricco will still be awesome. Liquigas will destroy everyone in the Giro and take places 1 & 2. Somebody somewhere will actually care about the Tour of California. A New French GC Hope will arise in July. The Worlds will be a major upset with a second-tier winner. Tiago Machado will be Time's Man of the Year. Cancellara will win a TT somewhere.

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
TRDean said:
I'll one up...Kenny van Hummel will win worlds...

The first time I ever took notice of Van Hummel was at Verbier last summer, where he finished last, crossing the finish line 45 minutes after Contador. He looked totally devastated,
Of course the Worlds does not include mountains so...... well let's just say he will have a better shot at it.

I predict Contador will win Liege. I don't believe for one second that he's participating with out ambitions.

Bike Boy said:
The first time I ever took notice of Van Hummel was at Verbier last summer, where he finished last, crossing the finish line 45 minutes after Contador. He looked totally devastated,
Of course the Worlds does not include mountains so...... well let's just say he will have a better shot at it.
He finished dead last in all major mountain stages, basically riding hundreds of kms on his own. I think he should focus on time trialing, he seems to have the grit for it. Move over Cancellara, here's Kenny.

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
He finished dead last in all major mountain stages, basically riding hundreds of kms on his own. I think he should focus on time trialing, he seems to have the grit for it. Move over Cancellara, here's Kenny.

Yeah with out a doubt Cancellara will fear that day coming :D.

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
screaming fist said:
I'm sure you meant to say "This is the fourth thread...."

I for one prefer this thread, because it allows you to predict with out any restrictions.

Besides there's already a lot of specific prediction going on in the designated race threads. No need for more prediction threads.
If necessary, make this thread a sticky and let the rest drop off (only my opinion).

TRENDING THREADS