• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey 2011

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Alby not a happy Astana man

''Last night at the dinner table I was going for [the win],'' Davis said on Saturday. ''And they just said then that the director had a meeting with the Kazaks this morning, and said something different … So … that's Astana.
''That's all I can say.''
There was little Davis could do but dismiss the lack of support he felt he got from his teammates, who are all Kazaks, and look ahead to the final stage.
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling...ope-for-victory-in-turkey-20110501-1e351.html

Michielveedeebee said:
Greipel you idiot, stupidest way to lose a race. Like Zabel in MSR and Boonen in Scheldeprijs
I don't think celebrating his "victory" 5 seconds after passing the line caused him to lose the sprint...Also easily understandable that he thought he won, considering that 1 m after the line he was well ahead of Kenny. Usually those sprinters miraculously know when they win or not though.

TRENDING THREADS